CHAPTER 6: WE ARE THE FUTURE!

Our room gets trashed, a death threat, a break in, yet here we are stuffing down McDonald's 1 hour before the show. Were they just going to pretend like nothing happened? Did this happen often? Shouldn't we report this?

"Chica" I was brought out of my thoughts by Niall yelling at me. I turned to face him. "Are you just going to stare blankly at the table or eat your food before we have to leave?" I looked down at my food and began eating it. "Dumbass" Niall muttered under his breath. I felt an arm go around my chair. "Are you alright?" Harry asked as he looked at me with concern. I set down my burger and wiped my hands with a napkin. "Just peachy" I said with a very fake smile.

Harry gave me a sympathetic smile. "It's gonna be okay. I'm sure it was just some weird teenage kids who thought it would be fun to pull a prank on a famous band" He grabbed his cup and took a sip while shifting in his seat to look back at the rest of the guys. "Some prank" I muttered before continuing with my food. The boys started talking about what they were going to do during the concert while I sat back and ate my food pretending like I wasn't even there.

Once we were all done, we all piled into the car and began to head to the arena. "Can we turn on the radio or something? This silence is fucking killing me." Niall muttered. Harry rolled his eyes and turned on the radio. A song by one of my favourite bands started playing so I started quietly singing along.

"I'm going back to 505

If it's a seven-hour flight or a forty-five-minute drive

In my imagination, you're waiting lying on your side

With your hands between your thighs"

"Damn you never told us you could sing." Louis' voice brings me out of my own little world as I turn to him. "Sorry?" I asked, tilting my head in confusion. "You have a great voice." I blush and thank him before turning to look back out the window. The song continues to play as I watch the numerous buildings and cars pass by. It's a pretty busy area but it's also kind of soothing in a way. I never really traveled much so it's a new experience exploring all these different places.

I relax in my seat and close my eyes leaning my head against the window. I've been in a state of shock for a while but I'm calmed down now. I guess Harry could be right about the incident being a dumb prank but I couldn't help but wonder if there was more to it and if the boys knew things but just wouldn't tell me. There's this feeling in me that just tells me there's so much more to this and I know I have to figure this out.

"Bells wake up." I opened my eyes and turned to look at the boys. "We're here." I look out the window to see that we indeed made it to the arena. I unbuckle my seatbelt and get out of the car, stretching my body. The boys did the same and we all began walking into the building. When we got to the dressing room, we talked for about 10 minutes before Jaxon ushered us all out to the stage area. The boys were then given microphones and they began practicing. I slowly walked away from the stage and began to explore the building. I made it to a corridor that was empty which had a wall with paintings and photos all over it. I pulled out earphones and my phone as I sat down against one wall and leaned my head back against it. I closed my eyes and listened to the calming music being played through my earphones.

Ever since I was younger, I always found secret places so that I could just take a break from the world. Growing up with strict parents came with lots of stress, so I always hid away from the world every once in a while to just gather my thoughts. I would come up with recipes, draw something, or sometimes just close my eyes and breathe. I used to have quite a few panic attacks so I always tried to work on my breathing. One day when I had a really bad panic attack, I went up to a roof and wrote a song. No one knows about the song since I never play it in front of people. I recorded the song and produced it, not to release it or anything, just so I can always have it to play when I feel like I desperately need a break from the world.