CHAPTER 53: PUMPKIN PIE

1 week later...

"I think this should do it." I say putting the spoon back in the bowl. "Are you gonna add a top layer?" Harry asks, looking down at the pan. "Does pumpkin pie usually have a top layer?" Louis asks, looking at the pan in confusion. "No, I'm pretty sure it doesn't." Liam says, coughing a little. "Either way it's gonna be really good." I say, cleaning up the edges of the pan.

I grab the pan and put it in the oven before closing it. "Now we wait." I say, leaning against the table. "I just remembered I have an important call." Harry says, quickly walking away. "I have to shower." Louis says, running after Harry. I turn to look at Liam who's looking around. "Just go." I say with a sigh and he quickly walks away.

I begin washing the dishes as Niall walks over to me. "How are my girls?" He whispers, wrapping his arms around me. "I'm okay but your daughter has decided to take up the full time job of learning what all of my organs are by kicking them like a bloody football." I say, leaning back against him with a sigh. "Anything I can help with?" He says, rubbing his hands over my growing stomach. "If you can find a way to stop her from moving so much then sure." His hands stop and he pulls me away. "Come with me." He says, pulling me to our room.

He pulls me to the bed and lays me down. He slowly moves to hover over me and pulls my big shirt over my head. "What are you doing?" I say as he throws my shirt away, leaving my top half naked. "Shush trust me." He says, pulling my legs apart and laying down in between them. He lays is head gently on my abdomen and runs his hands over my stomach. "I was made for loving you." He quietly sings and my breath hitches. I stare at him as he lightly traces patterns on my stomach while singing to our daughter.

My hands make their way to his hair. I continue to stare as he smiles at my stomach. He looks up at me and smirks as he reaches up and flicks my nipple. I slap his hand and he lets out a quiet laugh. He slowly starts to reach up again and I smack his hand again. "Okay okay." He says, putting his hands up in surrender. His hands slowly make their way down to my shorts and I slap his head. He hisses at the pain and moves his hand to his head.

"Guys the pie is-" I quickly look up at Harry standing at the door he swung open as Niall shifts up to cover me. "I-sorry Bells, didn't know you two would be, you know." Niall moves his head to look at him. "What do you want?" He says, moving a blanket over me. "I was just gonna say that the pie is done." Harry says, clearing his throat and looking down. "Okay, we'll be out in a minute." Niall says, moving to get me my shirt.

Harry nods before walking out and I let out a sigh, letting go of the blanket. "Way to ruin a moment." I mumble, looking down at my stomach. "I guess we're going to have to prepare for a lot of ruined moments." He says, reaching over to rub my stomach. "Do we have chicken?" I ask, putting my shirt back on. "I think so, why?" He says, rubbing my legs. "Would you be a dear and get me a slice of pie with some chicken?" I ask, smiling at him.

"The first weird craving you've gotten." He mumbles to himself and I laugh. "I am getting close to 5 months." I shrug and he shakes his head. "Stay right here." He says, squeezing my thigh before leaving. I look around the room and sigh. "You're growing too fast." I say, rubbing my stomach. "We need more time." I mumble, smiling as she kicks me.

"Your dad thinks he doesn't deserve all of this. He'll never admit it, but I know he does. You're going to have to make sure he doesn't get too into his head. Oh and make sure your uncles don't get themselves in trouble. And make pumpkin pie, a lot of it." I smile, tears gathering in my eyes.

"Okay, I may or may not have had to tell the boys that I was hungry again even though we ate like half an hour ago, but I've got your chicken." Niall smiles, closing the door behind him. "Yes, gimme gimme gimme." I say, holding my hands out for it. "Bon appetite." He says, kissing my head.

I take a piece of the chicken and put it on the pumpkin pie. I let out a long moan as I eat my creation. "Should I be jealous right now?" Niall asks, looking at me in concern. I quickly nod, taking another bite. He glares at his own pie before taking angrily taking a bite. "Fuck." I close my eyes and lean back on the headboard. "Yeah okay, I get it." He says, putting his plate on the beside table. I ignore him and continue eating my chicken and pie.

"Fuck, that was heavenly." I say, letting out a sigh and putting my plate on the table. "I could tell." He mumbles, tapping on his phone. "Don't be grumpy." I say, reaching out to move his hair from his face. "Shut up." He says, moving away from me. "Niall." I say with a sigh. "It's not my fault our situation is weird." I say, rubbing my stomach. "You could be less vocal about it." He mumbles, turning off his phone.

"Oh Panny, I promise you're better." I say, rubbing his leg with my toes. "Really?" He asks, grabbing my foot. I nod, wiggling my foot in his hand. "Just not now." His smile disappears and he pushes my foot away. "No no no I'm sorry, okay you're much better." I say, waving my foot in his face. "Piss off." He mumbles, pinching my foot. "Ouch, that was mean." I say, rubbing my foot. He flips me off and I smile.

"I would move to hug you but I'm really tired and your daughter is playing football with my lungs." I say, letting out a sigh. "Good." He says and I kick him. "Can you just come here and sing so she stops and I can take a nap." He sighs but moves up and lifts my shirt. "What are you doing?" I ask as he lays his head on my stomach and pulls the shirt over his head. "I'm mad at you." He says, his voice muffled from my shirt. I let out a sigh and move my hands to his back. His voice is low and calming as he sings and I close my eyes while rubbing his back.