CHAPTER 37: JESSICA

"Please be careful. All of you." I tell the boys as they get ready to leave. "Yes mother." Harry mumbles and I roll my eyes. "I'm serious. Don't die." I say and the boys look at me before bursting out in laughter.

"Yeah, yeah. Laugh all you want. Sorry I care." I mumble as I crawl back on the bed and wrap my arms around my legs. "Sorry, Bunny. We promise we'll be careful." Niall smiles as he sits down beside me. "You better." I look at him in the eyes so he knows I'm being serious.

"You got it boss." He smiles and jumps on top of me. "Can't breathe." I quietly get out and Niall laughs. "Sorry." He mumbles and holds himself over me. "I'll be in your room." I tell Liam who nods and hands me his key. "11 PM." Niall says, looking at me with a stern look. "Yes sir." I smirk and Niall leans down so his mouth is close to my ear. 

"Don't call me that." He whispers and I run my hand through his hair. "Why?" Niall sighs, placing a kiss on my neck. "Because it makes me want to fuck the shit out of you." He whispers and bites my ear. "Noted." I mumble with a smirk.

"Time to go." Harry's voice brings us out of our world. "Bye, Bunny." Niall smiles and leans down, kissing me. "Bye, Panny." I whisper against his lips and pull him into a hug. Before I knew it, I was left alone in the huge hotel room. Sighing, I grab my bag and make my way to Liam's room.

I open the door and take in his surprisingly clean room. "At least one of them isn't a complete mess." I mumble to myself and walk over to the bed. I sit down right in the middle and turn on the tv. After a while of going through options, I end up on a random channel.

As the voices echo through the room, I take out my book and pens. I flip onto an empty page and sigh as I stare at it. I grab my phone and go through it before finding the photo I wanted. I stared at the 5 broken people on the phone, staring back at me. Even though they never told me anything, you can see it in their eyes that they were broken.

Sighing, I place my phone on the white comforter and grab my polaroid camera. I position it so my phone comes into view with the white background. I take the picture and wave it in the air as it develops. Once it's done, I place it on the bed and grab my pencil case.

I'm sorry xx

The photo sits in the top left corner, beside the binding of the book, with my writing filling the rest of the page.

Just as I begin putting away my stuff and wiping my tears, Liam's door swings open. "Hey Be- what happened?" Liam asks, setting all of his things down on the table, looking at me in concern. "Just a sad scene in the film." I say with a laugh and he nods.

"So how was the job?" I ask as he sits down beside me. "It was fine. Harry did most of the work." He says and I nod, turning off the tv. "Bonding time, Berry." I say with a smile as I tackle him. Our laughs fill the room as we wrestle on the bed.

...

"It was crazy." I finish off my story about a one night stand I had. "So Berry, you got any crazy stories?" I ask and he looks down. "Yeah." He whispers and I smile. "Go on." I say, bumping his shoulder with mine. "It's not a good story." He mumbles and I shrug.

"if it involves you then it can't be that bad." Liam smiles and nods, sitting up against the headboard. "If I tell you this story, please don't think of me any differently." He says and I nod with a raised eyebrow.

He gets off the bed and looks down. "Can I take you somewhere? It's the only way I can get this out." I nod as I get off the bed as well. I grab my bag and follow him out the room. It's silent as we walk down the roads. We stop at a studio and I turn to Liam. "How the bloody hell do you all have everything you need wherever you are?" I ask and he laughs. "Perks of being part of the biggest mafia in the world." He smirks and opens the door.

We walk through the different rooms before we stop at an empty one. We walk in and Liam closes the door behind us. He lets out a deep breath as he walks to the piano.

"I was about 16 when I met this girl. She was perfect. We were meant to be. Everything in life was going perfect until I got into the mafia. I was about 17 when I joined the mafia so we had been together for about 6 months by that time. I was 18 months into being in the mafia when I told her what was going on. Abbadon didn't like that. So uh-" He stops as his voice cracks and his eyes get glossy. I sit down beside him and rub his back. "He uh got one of his members to meet her and uh become her friend." Liam's voice is quiet and the pain in his voice becomes clearer as he tells the story. "After a few months of them being friends, he took her to a warehouse. They raped her for 3 days straight until her body gave out and she slipped into a coma." His hands shake and tears flow from his eyes. "She never woke up so they took her off the medical support and she-she's gone." His voice breaks and he looks down at the piano.

He hands me a letter and clears his throat. "I wrote this letter for her but her parents wouldn't allow me to go anywhere near her grave." I look up at him, my eyes widening a bit. "Liam I-" He cuts me off and begins playing chords on the piano.

"I wrote a song a couple days after I found out and I would like to play it for you." He whispers and I nod, wiping my tears. "I'd love to hear it." I whisper back and he nods. He clears his throat before he begins to sing.

"There's no reason, there's no rhyme. I found myself blindsided by a feeling that I've never known. I'm dealing with it on my own." His voice is hoarse and the pain in his voice breaks my heart.

Tears gather in my eyes as his voice breaks during his singing. A tear flows out of his eye as he sings. I bite my lip as my own tears flow. He looks at me and motions to the letter before singing again.

I never thought I could love someone as much as I love you. From reckless 16 year old friends to 18 year old lovers. I stand here wishing it was me instead of you. We were supposed to go explore the world. We were supposed to get engaged. We were supposed to get married. We were supposed to have our 4 little children in our small cabin in the woods. We were supposed to grow old together. I still cut the edges off my bread and mix exactly 3 ice cubes into a glass of lemonade even though I despise it. I sit on the balcony every night, counting the stars. I play Arctic Monkeys everyday hoping you would come and dance with me. I wear those stupid elf trousers on Christmas and eat those horrendous raisin cookies. I eat exactly 3 goldfish crackers at the same time and drink a whole glass of Pepsi even though the drink makes me vomit. I tie my hair in a small bun on top of my head while I wear those dumb face masks. I get the same vanilla drink at Starbucks every Monday and that disgusting carrot cake. I put 2 slices of cheese on my sandwiches even though it's way too much for me. I drink strawberry milk every night while watching the same episode of Friends. I still sing the same stupid song every time I shower. You're forever my everything and one day we will meet my love, but only after I get justice for you. Lets hope I can survive that long.

I finish reading it, my face wet from tears, and I look up at Liam. He finishes off his song and his hands fall to his lap. I place the letter on the piano and wrap my arms around him. His shoulders shake as he begins crying, a few screams coming out and I squeeze my eyes shut as I hug him.