CHAPTER 11: 2 TRUTHS AND A TABLET

"Chica?" Niall said, shaking my shoulder." I turn my head away and groan. "Come on, wake up." Slowly, I open my eyes and look at him. "Hi." Niall said, grinning. "Hi." I mumbled before rubbing my eyes. "What time is it?" I asked, looking for my phone.

"It is 5 o'clock in the morning." Niall said, drinking his red bull. "Where are we?" I asked, looking around the empty road. "We're about 10 minutes away from the hotel. I pulled over to the side of the road because I needed to talk to you." Niall said, grabbing my hand.

I nod and turn my body to face him. "I think we shouldn't make this relationship official yet." I tilt my head in confusion. "What?" Niall sighs and runs a hand through his hair. "Maybe we should take things slow. We've only known each other for a week or two and we should just not rush things." Niall said, avoiding eye contact.

"I understand." I said, rubbing my thumb over his knuckles. "You do?" Niall asks, looking at me. "Yeah. We were caught up in the moment and things happened really quickly. No one ever kissed me like that before. It felt like I was in a safe place and I've never felt that with anyone. When you ignored me, memories started flooding into my mind and after a few days everything just exploded and I just..." My voice trailed off at the end.

Niall squeezed my hand. "Why don't we just be friends for now?" Niall suggests, reaching up to rub my arm. "Friends?" I raise an eyebrow at Niall. "Well, friends who occasionally might accidentally have lippocatise." Niall says, sitting back in his seat. "Lippocatise?" I ask in confusion.

"Yeah, it's this disease where my lips accidentally trip and fall onto yours." He says, tapping my lip. "Oh really now?" I play along, crossing my arms across my chest. "Yeah, like this." Niall says before pecking my lips. "Oops." I smile at Niall's childish behaviour. "Is it a dangerous disease?" I ask, grabbing his hand.

"Very very dangerous. Deadly." Niall says as I play with his fingers. "How?" I ask as I play with the chain on his wrist. "If your lips don't catch mine, my lips will get cold, lonely, sad, blue, black-" I cut him off with a kiss. "Wouldn't want that to happen now would we?" I say as Niall nods and smashes his lips against mine.

After a while, we pull away to catch our breaths. "Okay, let's get to the hotel...friend." Niall says, putting on his seatbelt. I chuckle and put mine on as well before Niall begins driving again. We quickly reach the hotel and Niall gives the car keys to the employee for valet parking.

Niall puts his arm on my shoulder and drags me to the reception. A man at the desk greets us with a smile. "Hello, how may I help you?" He smirks and looks me up and down. "Umm hi, we're with the band Duplicity." I say, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Ah yes. The band that booked off floor 7." Niall nods and pulls me closer to his side. "Names?" The man asks as he begins typing on the keyboard. "Arabella Davidson and Niall Horan." I say and take out my phone from my bag.

"Okay, Ms. Davidson your room is 710 and Mr. Horan your room is 717." He says and hands us two keys. We both thank him and make our way to the lift. "I don't like him." Niall mumbles as we enter the lift. "Why not?" I chuckle and press the button for our floor.

"Did you not see the way he was looking at you?" Niall says, scoffing and crossing his arms across his chest. "And what way was that?" I say, leaning against the wall. "Like he wanted to rip off your clothes and fuck you senseless." Niall says, pulling out a packet of cigarettes.

I scrunch my nose in disgust. "Smoking is bad for you." I say and grab the cigarette from his hand. "You do realise I can take another cigarette from this packet, right?" Niall says, holding up the cigarette packet and pointing at it with his lighter.