The Bond

The next morning Maria drove everyone to the bay to enjoy a day out. Maria and Issa watched and exchanged smiles as the two cousins had a play fight on the beach.
Eren was throwing sand at Evie.
"Hey watch the hair freckle face."
Evie crawled over to Eren jumping on her and putting her in a playful headlock.
"I submit, you're the new champion Evie."
"It's not true wrestling unless you use a weapon."
"You're not hitting me with those damn crutches or they're going in the sea."
"Eren you wouldn't!"
"No I would but behave."
"Yeah right as if that's going to happen cous,"
They both laughed then lay next to each other looking at the candy floss clouds above.
"So Evie tell me about yourself, you know, if you want to."
"Only if you tell me about yourself after."
"Deal." They spat on each other's hands shaking on it.
"You do that too?" Eren asked.
"Yep. Okay I grew up in Essex and use to love riding. I had a horse and everything, her name was Galactic because she was so big, to me at least. I'm 5' 2" so yeah, we're about the same height right?"
Eren nodded. "I'm around 5' 4"."
"Yeah so I had my own barn and I was even hoping to ride professionally. But anyway, yeah I've always loved horses. The best holidays I ever had were in Riyadh where dad's from, oh and a trip to Florida was out of this world. It sucked that I knew about you but we weren't really allowed to talk about you, your parents and auntie Maria. All because of this fucking Annwvn shit, I wish you weren't going."
"I've got to Evie."
"No you don't."
"I do, to help you."
Evie grunted. "Fuck off, that's shit."
"Oh Evie we're having a great time, I don't want to upset you."
Evie sighed. "Let's figure out how to save me ourselves."
"I don't know Evie. I just want us to get to know each other today, I don't want to lose you now. You're in my life finally and if you die I'll be dead inside."
"I'm glad you're in my life too, so tell me about yourself. Even the surgery if you want, whatever, I'm here for you."
"That's self explanatory Evie, we'll talk about that later after I've had a few drinks. No, I want to tell you about life in Indiana. My mom and stepdad owned a farm, my stepdad spent a lot of time with the MC like your dad. I'd help on the farm a lot and even rode too, but just casually."
"Damn we've got so much in common." Evie smiled.
Issa sat next to Maria. "It's good to see them having fun, it's like they're kids again." He said.
"They kind of still are, they're making up for lost time. Eren really likes you, when she's gone I'll need you, so will Evie."
"I'll be here for you, whatever happens I'm in it with you guys one hundred percent."
Maria nodded. "I'll explain what happened with me and Evie when we went after her parent's' killers."
"Yeah when we fled America after Eren killed that guy it felt surreal, I don't think I have it in me to kill."
"All you need to do is be here. Evie's best friend turned on her because there was retaliation from a rival MC which killed her former friend's dad. She tried to have Evie killed in a hit and run, it failed but you see the results of what happened. We found where Beyza m her former friend and her mother Samantha were and killed them together."
"Wow, I'm surrounded by badasses." Issa whistled.
"I agree though it's so good to see them bond." Maria turned back to the girls.
"So I told Ady I didn't want a relationship but he kept persisting. I agreed to be a friend with benefits, he was such a goofball but I really liked him. He was a prospect with the Kodiaks and you would have loved him. Tac is a good guy, I'm happy you two patched things up." Evie exhaled.
"You don't have to say anymore cous. I only met Issa a couple of months ago over Christmas, he took me in after I came back from college to find mom and my stepdad dead. He's stuck by me and yeah we just clicked. He's like the only person who has ever showed interest in me."
"That's because he's a good guy Eren. Sorry about getting upset earlier, I still don't think you should go, but we can disagree about things and still be friends...as well as cousins."
"Always, no matter what promise me whenever we disagree on stuff we respect each other's opinions. They matter and we're allowed to love and accept each other for our differences."
"We're two outsiders that will walk through shit for each other without a second thought." Evie put out her hand.
Eren locked fingers with her. "Always cous."