famiLIES

"You should get in touch with Carl again you know, I had a friend called Tarren when I was camping in Snowdonia and we just drifted apart, sad really because she was a good friend." Maria explained.
"Forget her already, she chose not to stay in touch. But onto more important things, you will stay in touch the pair of you." Ashleigh added.
Eren had said all she'd wanted to on her past, she wanted to focus on the future now.
"We will come back but at the moment I know Evie is still possessed and I need to put an end to it." Eren explained.
"So we nip down to Annwvn for some exorcist guys to remove this sorry excuse for an uncle from me then we'll be back her by midnight celebrating with Scotch. Ain't that right Ash?" Evie replied jollity.
"I'll celebrate that all night long." Ashleigh grinned raising her glass.
'If only it was that easy." Eren explained.
"Why not...cous? Weird we've only just met, again and it seems like we've known each other for ages."
"Yep, that's the essence of the old Evie inside you. There's always a problem, I can just sense it. As good as it would be for Gryphon to be there when we need him, the guy thinks it's more important being a part of his childish hunts with his equally childish friends, including my dad then being where he's needed in a damn infirmary. Auntie M, what's dad like in this world?"
"Well there's only one Annwvn, I know this because I've met your Fawez too, my Fawez died in the Kodiaks."
"Fuck, auntie M, all this loss. I promise we'll come visit as much as we can."
Maria nodded. "I can't lose anyone else."
"You won't." Evie replied, meaning it with every fibre of her being.
"What was the difference between my dad and your Fawez?"
"I only met your dad once Eren."
"I'll bet he didn't even mention me did he?"
"Not true Eren, actually he did."
Eren groaned. "Probably some shit about missing me but it wasn't time to meet him."
"Are you and your dad having problems?" Maria asked.
"No, not really but it's so damn hard to forgive him for not talking to me for years."
"This is getting too fucking complicated." Evie scratched her head.
"You're telling me, I'm just pretending I know." Ashleigh added.
"What did he say? Please auntie M, I need to know."
"A premonition, a warning if you like."
"Tell me, please."
"Okay calm down. This was around a year ago." She looked at Ashleigh. "A year?"
"Near enough."
"You met him too?" Eren asked.
"Aye, he seemed nice enough." Ashleigh replied.
"He showed us Annwvn and told me I might meet another version of you one day. That Yusha would possess Evie and be powerful enough to drag our family down with him. Stuff about him making a deal with the devil to take Evie back to Hell with him..."
"Why? How?" Eren was totally confused.
"Apparently a rich man can do deals, he wanted revenge, power and destruction. While you were at college he was meeting a distant relative of yours known as Eros who had traveled to America after murdering his parents."
"That's who that little bastard was." Eren breathed. She looked at Evie. "When that blue light went into you did you remember everything?"
"I don't know, all these memories flooded into my brain, it was as if I'd been there."
"All these goddam secrets and lies in this family, why can't we just have the boring, simple life?" Eren sighed.
"We're related to a scumbag who killed his parents and another lowlife trying to do harm to me? Maria we've lost everyone here, you should come with us, you too Ash."
"I'll presume we can't." Maria looked at Eren.
"Two Maria's meeting each other, it can't happen. We will come back, unlike some fucks I will keep my word." Eren replied.
"It's getting late, stay tonight, recharge and we'll go to the Gateway together in the morning, and as soon as Evie has been exorcised you come right back here. I'm not asking, you will tell us when it's done."
"Yes auntie M." The two cousins said together, they looked at each other and sniggered.
Ashleigh smirked.
"Good enough, okay I'll make up the extra bed, you'll both need your rest." Maria told her nieces.
"Trust me I know." Eren laughed, she was looking forward to a good rest before the drama began again.
But her dreams told her a good rest would be the last thing she was going to experience for a while.
In the middle of the night she went to get a glass of water, a shadow kept itself out of her line of vision as it watched her coldly return to her futon.