Cløwn

Eren  knocked on Jana's door, a nervous energy surrounded her.
There was a shuffling sound from the other side.
"It's me Eren!"
The doors flung themselves open and Jana sat at the end of a table flanked by four figures.
They turned to look at her, Eren felt ill.
The four people wore black, what looked like onesies all over. The remains of skinned faces were wrapped around featureless heads.
They just stared, not a single twitch from either of them.
"Sit opposite please Eren."
"What the...?"
"Cløwns Eren, nothing to worry about."
"Why are they here?"
Jana looked at all four of them, unmoving they stared at Eren.
"Please sit, they are conduits, they believe in my, let's call it philosophy, Eren."
Eren sat, a bowl of broth and a hot coffee was waiting for her."
"Eat, let me explain then it will be your turn, understand?"
Eren nodded, she looked at the broth.
"Fire imp and fairy soup, the bits of meat are the intestines."
"Urgh." Eren looked away in disgust.
"I'm kidding Eren." She wasn't.
"What is it?"
"Jackalope."
Eren tried it, it seemed okay.
"Now listen, we're friends, or we soon will be so try to understand." Jana explained.
Eren who was already creeped out just nodded and spooled more broth into her mouth.
"My grandmother doesn't know how to run this place, she's good at killing and giving orders, you've met her."
"I've met her."
"Then there's my mother Morrigan, have you met her yet?"
"No."
"Come to the window with me."
Eren obeyed, Jana waited patiently.
Eren looked back, the cløwns hadn't moved.
"Forget them for now, look through the window what do you see?"
"It's quite dark."
"Look Eren in the garden, the tall woman is my mother. All that oversized ogre does is tend to her fucking garden, when she finally pulls herself away from it she spends her time with my dimwit brother Lupin. Her inane smile, oh if only I could tears her damn lips off with a blunt knife, the pleasure I'd have." Jana looked at Eren who couldn't hide her concern. "Don't you feel the same way about your stepfather?"
"Wait a minute, if you know about him why are you asking about me? Surely you've been told already?"
"People gossip here, they mentioned a possession but I don't get involved in that sort of behavior. I'm sorry but I have my reasons why I dislike mother."
"She ignores you and you are mad about it, I'm a single child, nearest thing to a sister is my elder cousin Evie."
"I am eldest and I want my share of glory, I am not going to wait for grandmother to see sense and put me in charge over my puppy brained mother and her equally mule minded son, Lupin...ha he's no wolf, more like a damn tick feeding away at everyone."
"Look my mom died and I love my dad, I'm sorry you feel like this but surely you don't mean what you say, do you?" Eren asked worriedly.
"Little Eren I mean every word and soon I will usurp grandmother and take her throne."
"But why, what has she done to you?"
"Just like mother, only has time for the 'Tick' the 'parasite', she says I have a debased personality which is becoming increasingly incurable. They wonder why I'm mad at them, I read a lot you know, I see the world for what it could have been Eren."
"What are you talking about?"
"Look at me Eren, I'm tall, strong, I have radiant blue eyes and golden hair, an image of the master race. If grandmother wasn't so old and passé she would be too, I can't abide greyness, a sign of weakness, she can't hide it. Mother and the 'Tick' have dark hair, they aren't fit to rule."
"Do your blue eyes see me right now Jana?"
"They do, I said earlier your eyes were beautiful and they are, but they're the wrong color, just like your hair and your skin. Don't fret though Eren it's fine, it doesn't mean we can't be friends."
"So what now you're going to take over Annwvn with what, four cløwns?"
"I have many more who will follow me and take me as their Queen, will you Eren become a cløwn?"
"No, but I won't stop you, all of you can fight each other, I need to get back to Evie."
From behind one of the cløwns clamped their hand on her shoulder.
"Ouch dammit that hurts!"
The cløwn looked into her face, the skinned features of the dead people grinning morosely at her.
"Get off!"
"Everything in my way is already moribund Eren, think about things."
Eren's head was beginning to throb, she put her hand to it.
"What-what have you done to me?"
"Let my friend go cløwn she has a lot to think about." Jana ordered, Eren was freed.
She tries to leave but her footing was failing her and her vision was becoming a blur, she crashed into a chair and crawled for the door.
"Be careful who you eat these days Eren."
Eren gave up to unconsciousness.