Secret Number 2

Adrian POV

I stood there fuming over what she just said to me. She was actually choosing a 2 month friend/relationship over a 12 friendship. I rolled my eyes as I stomped to my locker to get my bookbag.

Malik: Adrian!

When I saw who it was, I rolled my eyes and walked faster. He caught up to me at my locker and was panting hard.

Malik: You....walk....fast.

I rolled my eyes again. I cleared out my locker as I grabbed my phone, coat, and bag. I closed it again and made me my way to the back of the school by the gym and was about to escape.

Malik: You're leaving?

Adrian: What's it to you?

Malik: I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I let you walk the streets of New York by yourself.

Adrian: Oh no, not the purse dogs and Prada shoes! We're in Manhattan what's the worst that could happen?

Malik: I watch a lot of Manhattan SVU.  You pick an episode.

Adrian: Can you leave me alone?

Malik: At least let me walk you home. I won't even talk.

Adrian: Why, so you can come back and stalk me?

Malik: I just want to make sure you're safe. I don't just think you're cute, I care about you.

Adrian: Flattery will get you nowhere.

Malik: Come on girl.

He grabbed my hand and we escaped into the cold air. As we walked to the subway, I buttoned up and secured my scarf and gloves. I looked over at Malik and saw him rubbing himself to stay warm.

Adrian: You should go back to the school and get your coat.

Malik: I'm fine. What's a little frost bite and pneumonia to me?

Adrian: You could die in this weather.

Malik: I'll be fine as soon as I get you home and take the bus to my house.

I rolled my eyes as I looked away from him. Maybe he is decent since he was willing to freeze and risk suspension to ensure my safety. I sighed heavily and watched the vapor cloud form in front of me.

Adrian: Put this on.

I handed him my Hello Kitty hat and he put it on to add to his jacket he wore. He struck a pose and poked out his lips.

Malik: Don't I look fabulous?

He made me laugh loudly and he kept his position before smiling at me.

Malik: Nice to see yo' mean ass smile and be happy.

Adrian: That's because you piss me off all the time.

Malik: Now how is a boy with genuine feelings for you irritating. We both know that's not the problem.

Adrian: We both know you're only trying to get with me just like Dwayne is doing with Erin.

Malik: So that's the problem. You think Dwayne is trying to get with Erin.

Adrian: I know it and I have proof.

Malik: What proof?

Adrian: Ok, so after home coming, Erin was really sloppy so I went home with her and when she peed, I took some of it and-

Malik: You took a piss sample from her?

Adrian: That's not the point! I found drugs in her system. And not to mention the fact that Dwayne kept trying to get her to leave with him.