July 3rd

Kya POV

10 days have gone by and Khalil is still in the hospital. He was put in a coma during surgery and he didn't wake up. I've been here every day since then just watching over him and hoping he'll wake up. As of now I was waiting on Khari to bring my bag from home.

Khari: Kya?

She stood at the door with my bag on her arm and Roc on her side. I motioned for her to come in and she closed the door. She handed me my bag and I took a shower in the bathroom. I thought they would've left, but they were still there when I walked out.

Khari: How is he?

Kya: They don't know. They said they've never seen anything like this before.

Khari: What happened to him?

Kya: He had some concussions when he was overseas and when he hit his head, it made everything worse. They did some tests and scans and they thought they could fix it with surgery, but they couldn't stop the bleeding.

Khari: Is he gonna live?

Kya: They don't know. They had to put him in a medically induced coma.

My voice cracked as I looked at my brother. He was more than my brother, so it hurt to see him in this position. He was so pale and he was a little cold. Khari gave me a tight hug and a few tears slipped from my eyes. The monitor attached to his head started beeping rapidly and some nurses swarmed in the room.

Nurse: He's coding.

Doctor: His brain is starting to bleed again. We need to get to him to the operating room.

Kya: Khalil!

Khari: Kya we have to go.

She was pulling me away from him as they wheeled him out of the room. I cupped my mouth and cried into my hands. She moves her arms from my waist to my shoulders as I cried on her. We waited for what seems like years. My parents came back up here and we all waited together.

I turned my dad out as he tried to start drama with Khari and Roc. I was in my own little world praying that he would be ok. After my prayer I was conscious of my surroundings again.

Lavael: I just wanna know why he's here if this is a family moment.

Khari: Because he's my boyfriend and him and Khalil hit it off.

Lavael: Khalil hit it off with a lot of people, that doesn't mean that they should be here.

Kya: Can y'all please shut the fuck up? Khalil is in the hospital and y'all worried about some irrelevant bullshit right now. Just shut the fuck up and worry about him for like 5 minutes.

Lavael: Now my other daughter talking to me crazy. I need a cigarette.

He got up and left. I just shook my head and looked at the floor. My anxiety was through the roof as I bounced my leg rapidly. I chewed on my nails and when I heard shoes coming towards us, I looked up. The doctor came towards us with a stone look on his face. My mother and I stood up to meet him.

Dr. Mullen: He died before we could open his brain-

Everything he said after that was blurry and irrelevant to me. I just lost my brother and my best friend all at once. All I could do was cry and whimper to myself and I heard my mom doing the same thing. "Sergeant Khalil Malik Johnson 5/11/94 - 07/03/15"

Sorry I've been gone for so long but I had writer's block. Khari and Roc literally have their own drama going on and I have to wrap it up so I can get to everything else. So next chapter soon.