Daddy Dearest

Princeton POV

Teresa: Get back here. Don't you turn your back on me.

I stopped packing to look at my mom. I don't care what she says, he's just my sperm donor. He will never be my father. My mom was a better father than his sorry ass.

Teresa: Now I know you don't want to see him, but you won't disrespect me in my house.

Princeton: Why is he here?

Teresa: He wants to see you. I thought he owed you an explanation of why he left.

Princeton: I don't wanna see him. He doesn't deserve to know or be proud of the person I've become. I'm sorry mom, but I have to go.

I walked out of the house with out saying a word. I was driving around mindlessly with out a place to go. That was until I got a call.

Erin: Hey! I'm here.

Princeton: Hey.

Erin: Well don't sound too excited.

Princeton: My bad, I'm just dealing with a lot right now.

Erin: Aww! What's wrong?

Princeton: I just ran away from home.

Erin: For how long and why?

Princeton: Until I calm down. Can I come see you?

Erin: Yeah of course. I'm at the Royal Gardens (fake.....maybe)

I pulled up to the hotel and she got in the car with me. We sat in the far back of a Wal-Mart and sat in the back seat with my head on her lap.

Erin: Now do you wanna tell me what's wrong?

Princeton: My father came back.

Erin: Is that bad?

Princeton: Hell yeah. He missed so much of my life and now he just shows up wanting to see me. He wants something. Never in 18 1/2 years has he reached out to me. I never got a letter, call, nothing. He's not my father, my mom is and I don't want anything to do with him.

Erin: At least let him explain why he wasn't there. You'll feel a lot better when you do.

Princeton: Didn't you hear me? I don't want anything to do with him.

Erin: You are so stubborn.

Princeton: No I'm not.

Erin: Yes you are. You've got it made up in your mind that he's terrible. He must not be if he came back to see you.

Princeton: 18 years too late. I needed him when I was scared of the dark, when kids picked on me, when I went through puberty. I'm practically grown and I know how to be a better man and father than him.

Erin: At least you know who your father is.

The moment was awkward after that. I shouldn't snapped on her like that or my mom. One day of knowing him and it's already going wrong.

Princeton: I'm sorry.

Erin: Whatever.

I sat up and held her in my close as her legs sat in my lap.

Princeton: I really am sorry. I shouldn't have snapped at you when you were just trying to help.

Erin: I'd love to know about who I am. I don't have a clue about where I came from. Here you are throwing away a chance I'd kill for and it hurts.

Princeton: I never want to hurt you. How about after a night at Ray's house, I'll go home and talk everything out?

Erin: Call your mom tonight and apologize too.