If It Ain't About Da Money

Erin POV

I was out Christmas shopping with Christina. We walked into the mall hoping I don't bump into any fans. For some reason, Adrian had been acting really squirrelly around us. She never comes around and when she does, she makes up a half ass excuse to leave. Other than that, I have all of my friends.

Speaking of friends, Ray agreed to come visit around New Year's Eve with Roc. Its funny he said that because I thought him and the guys were so caught up with the tour. Anyways, we went into Forever 21 walking around and talking.

Christina: I'm so glad to see you smile. I just wish Adrian was here to see it.

Erin: What is up with her?

Christina: Child, you asking the wrong one.

Erin: Why is everybody acting up around me lately?

Christina: You too? I don't know what the hell is wrong with D'Angelo.

Erin: What happened?

Christina: I don't know. Its like he went from affectionate to distant.

Erin: Why?

Christina: He's ready, but I'm not.

Erin: What?

Then it clicked.

Erin: Ohh.

Christina: He came over when my parents went to work and.....

I cut her off with a loud gasp and she rolled her eyes.

Christina: I know bad Christina. Anyways, it went from us watching Netflix to him trying to get in my pants. I told him that I was a virgin and he said he would be gentle. But no I didn't want to. So he called me lame and he left.

Erin: Well I'm glad you stood up for yourself and said no.

Christina: Mt virginity is hella precious to me. Like I joke about sex but I would never just give it to anybody.

Erin: I get it. I'd rather wait for somebody who deserves it instead of giving it to a fuckboy.

Christina: Like D'Angelo.

I let out a laugh at her.

Erin: Your words not mine.

We finished in this store and paid. We went to three more stores and by the time we got to the last one, I was tired.

Erin: Let's sit down at the food court my calves burn.

Christina: Ditto.

We sat down and when the lines went down, we were figuring out where to eat.

Erin: Whatchu wanna eat homie?

Christina: Speak English. That thick ass accent still going strong.

Erin: What do you want to eat?

Christina: Well why didn't you say that the first time?

This bitch.

We agreed on Steak N Shake. I ordered first and got a chilli dog and some chilli cheese fries with a vanilla shake. I rang up to $8.91 and I paid with my card. The cashier swiped it and the machine beeped. She did it again and it still didn't go through.

Cashier: Its not working Miss Samuels.

Erin: The card didn't go through?

Cashier: No.

I was confused. I thought I solved this before. I paid with my emergency $20 and sat down with Christina.

Christina: What happened to the card?

Erin: It declined.

Christina: Why?

Erin: I don't know, but I'm about to make sure that embarrassing shit never happens again.

When we finished eating, I was on my way to see my accountant, Terri. Since she wasn't there, we were about to leave.

Perri: Wait!

A lady dressed in a pencil skirt and blouse came running at us with heels on. Kudos to you my sister.

Perri: I'm Terri's coworker Perri. And I thought I could help.

She had no interest in me, but her and Jared couldn't keep their eyes off each other.

Jared: Maybe you could help us out.

We went in the office and she pulled out a box of records and a laptop. I assumed it was Terri's since we were in her office. Perri went over the records and she raised her eyebrows.

Perri: Apparently your card only has $3.53

Erin: Three dollars?!

Perri: And fifty-three cents.

Jared: That card has-had over 2 million dollars on it. How is this possible?

Perri: Apparently her money is being cyphered into three different accounts. Two right here in New York and one in Florida.

Erin: So somebody is remotely stealing from me?

Perri: Unfortunately. I can trace the accounts if you want.

Erin: Please do.

Perri: I can get back to you in less than 3 days.

Jared: Could you possibly speed it up?

Perri: I'll work as fast as I can, these accounts are encrypted with different codes.

Erin: Could we ask Terri? This is her laptop and she's my accountant, maybe she could help.

Perri: Absolutely.

Erin: Thank you so much.

The whole way home, I was pissed off. I tried to run up the stairs and get away from my parents, but my mom called me back into the kitchen.

Erin: Here I come!

I jumped around, angry for not getting away , fixed my face and walked into the kitchen. She had some milk and cookies sat out for us.

Erin: Last time we had milk and cookies, my gold fish died.

Denise: Its good news depending on how you take it.

Erin: Let me have a sugar cookie before you say anything.

While I was eating, she was cheesing from ear to ear.

Denise: I'm pregnant.

She was grinning while I was choking on my cookie. I drank some milk and had to catch my breath.

Erin: What?

Denise: Isn't this great?

Erin: Yeah, but I thought you couldn't have any children after Rhyon?

Denise: This is my miracle baby.

Erin: Well I'm happy for you.

I hugged her in genuine happiness. This was the first time she was actually happy in I don't know how long.

I went to sleep and I jumped out of my sleep with the strong urge to pee. I went into the bathroom in the hall, but I left the light off when I heard talking. I peeked around the corner and saw cops. They found Rhyon!

I ran downstairs and my heart was thumping with each step. When I got into the living room, all eyes were on me.

Cop 1: Erin Samuels.

Erin: Yes.

Cop 1: Were detectives, we're gonna have to ask you to come with us to our headquarters.