Comfort Inn Ending (Final Chapter)

Khari POV

I dropped my luggage down and put it to the side. After Khalil was laid to rest, I decided to get away with Roc. Kya needed her space, my daddy was being a dick, and all of my family was overwhelming. 

I went into his room and picked out my favorite shirt of his. After I showered, I put on a hair scarf and climbed into bed with him. The silence between us was loud yet something we had grown used to. The only thing to be heard was our breathing.

Roc: You ok?

Khari: No. I just buried my 21 year old brother and my family is fucked up.

Roc: And that's why I brought you out here with me. You can stay here as long as you want to. You know I-

Desiree: CHRESANTO!

He was cut off by Desiree storming into his house shouting. He leaped out of bed and I could hear them from the living room.

Roc: Why the hell are you here at 2 in the morning screaming?!

Desiree: You just disappeared and forgot all about your responsibilities, huh?! Where have you been for the past 6 days?

Roc: I had business to take care of, now what do you want from me?

Desiree: You was running around with that bitch wasn't you?

Roc: You need to lower your damn voice.

Desiree: She in the bedroom?! Bitch where you at?!

I chuckled to myself and said a little prayer as I walked to the door. She was still yelling in his face and I could see him trying to keep his composure. She had Royal on her hip and he looked exhausted. When she saw me she stopped yelling at him and focused on me.

Desiree: Now I know why you've been neglecting your kids!

Roc: Kids?

Desiree: I'm pregnant again.

Roc: Whoa, what?!

Khari: You got her pregnant?

His hard glare on her softened when he looked at me and I folded my arms.

Roc: No .

Desiree: So when E.J walked in on us, he was lying too?!

Roc: You manipulative ass bitch! Khari she's lying I did not get her pregnant.

Desiree: Then explain this.

She lifted her shirt and you could see a small pouch forming around her stomach. My eye twitched when I looked at her and her stomach. I shook my head and let them hash it out.

I went into his room and started to pack my things. Bitter tears built in my eyes as I shook my head. Roc came into the room and sat Royal on the bed. He tried to grab my hands but I pushed him.

Khari: Don't touch me!

I grabbed my stuff and went to the door but he blocked me. I was fighting the tears and my anger issues. I really wanted to throw him down the stairs.

Roc: Let me explain. Yes she came here and got on top of me and yes E.J came in on us.

Wrong words, right button.

I slapped him across the face as hard as I could and he held his cheek. I huffed as the tears fell from my eyes. He held my hands so I wouldn't hit him again.

Roc: What the fuck was that for?! I'm telling you we didn't have sex.

Khari: Then why is she pregnant?

Roc: Its not my kid. She probably isn't even pregnant.

Khari: Bullshit! She didn't climb on top of herself. I turned my back on my father, my cousin, and my home for you.

I gave it all up for you!

I huffed and cried again just thinking about it. He tried to hug me, but I pushed him off of me. I headed out the door and called a cab as I sat on the porch. He tried everything he could to make me stay, but I knew I had to leave.

I ended up at a hotel bawling my eyes out. I was having one of those "everything that ever hurted" cries. I was crying for Khalil, Roc, my dad, my family, my home, everything. I was in too deep to go back home. Kya wouldn't let me stay with her because she needs time to mourn and heal, which is understandable. I'm 18, homeless, and unemployed, with a dimploma and a license in cosmetology. I'm hurt now, but I'll be alright.

Roc was calling me and instead of declining it, I answered the phone.

Roc: Where are you?

Khari: On the road to recovery.

Roc: I'm serious Khari come back to the house. We need to talk.

Khari: Goodbye Chresanto.

This is the last chapter of Can Anybody Hear Me. It was a fun run and I'm sorry it was so short, but that's because I'm working on the next installment of the series. I already have a plot laid out in my head for the stories of everybody and its gonna take some time to get each one written down. Love you guys and everybody that commented and voted :-* take my kissy face Lol love y'all ~Kya