2K1E

Erin POV

I was waiting patiently for Ray and his friend to hurry up and come to the hospital. It was Christmas Day and o couldn't leave until 6 tonight. So I figured, why not work on my album and have it prepared for New Year's. I had finished a total of 12 songs since I already had some written and recorded at the studio.

Ray: Knock, knock.

Erin: Best friend.

I smiled and stretched my arms out for him to give me a hug. His friend came in and he had a big black bag on his back. He started taking everything out and he had a set of beats, a Macbook, and some sort of sound board. He pulled his dreads back into a ponytail and he shook my hand.

Tech: Wassup ma. My name is James but in the streets I'm known as Tech.

Erin: Hey I'm Erin.

Tech: Fa' sho. Let me see some of the lyrics you got so far.

I handed him my scratch pad where I had wrote my final draft of my song "Erin."

Ray: You wrote a song and named it after you? And I'm the conceited one.

Tech: Nah B. I think this is her story. That's deep.

Ray: Let me see.

From the islands to Manhattan

Everything that happened

Made me Erin

From the covers and the lies

Right before my eyes

Made me Erin

I was shattered and taped up

I was emotionally fed up

But that's not life

That's just Erin.

Ray: Damn.

Erin: I know.

It was a small silence before Tech came over to me with the beats and computer.

Tech: I hope these walls are sound proof. I need you to sing loud enough for the mic to catch it. Just listen to the beat and see what feels good.

Erin: Ok.

I recorded for 4 hours. I even cried during it because of how I was able to pour out my emotions. Since I wasn't leaving anytime soon, Ray bought me some Wendy's from downstairs. We all sat in my room watching Christmas movies, just having fun.

Tech: So have you thought of any ideas about the cover art or the title?

Erin: Oh yeah. So look, I wanted this to be released at 12:00 on New Year's Eve, because this album is about me making change and getting my life together. And I had this vision about the cover art looking like the New Year's Ball.

Tech: That's dope. I gotta go.

Ray: You want me to take you home.

Tech: Nah, I'll take the train. I'll holla at you later fam.

Ray: Alright.

Erin: Bye Tech. Thank you.

Tech: You welcome. Just make sure you mention me when you release the album.