Twenty-Four: Mother's Intuition

Christon

"Hey mama" I stated as I walked towards the table.

She stood up and embraced me in a hug. I gave her the flowers that I purchased on the way over and kissed her cheek. She placed a kiss on my cheek and we both sat down.

"Boy, I done told you that you don't have to buy me flowers every time we hang out together." She fussed, but her eyes said it all.

"Mama I made dad a promise that I would continue the tradition of buying you flowers anytime I felt that I wanted to." I replied, with a smile.

She just smiled and shook her head. I watched as the waitress walked over. She added a little switch to her step the closer she got.

"Hi, I'm Cassie and I'll be your server. Can I start you two off with drinks?" she questioned, while never taking her eyes off me.

My mom just looked on with a small smirk.

"Excuse me, I'll have a water with lemon...extra lemon on the side. My son will have a sweet tea with lemon- and his face back. Thank you darling!" she replied wearing the same smirk.

The waitress looked extremely embarrassed. I just gave her a small smile. She wanted to be thirsty-so my mom gave her that cold glass of reality. She turned and walked off in a hurry.

"Ma, why you do that girl like that?" I questioned through a laugh.

"She asking to take our order. I mean, hell she could have at least tried to glance my way. These hoes be plotting every way they can. It's up to you not to feed into their bullshit. You have to cut them short before they even start." she replied, while looking over the menu.

She always does that- yet she gets the same damn thing every time. I will never understand this woman. I grabbed the menu and skimmed through. I had a nagging taste for starch and pickles. That shit wasn't normal. While I did like starchy foods I could do without the pickles.

"Are you guys ready to order?" An older gentleman asked. I glanced at his name tag. It read Malcolm. I noticed he was talking to us, but he was only looking at my mother.

I know how she felt when the waitress was ignoring her before

I cleared my throat, which caused him to look over at me momentarily.

"My mother would like the pistachio salmon. Extra pistachios. Light gravy on the mashed potatoes, and a smidge of extra butter. I'll take the American Cheeseburger. No onions- but extra pickles. As my side I would like fries. And patna' I don't see ya pen moving....you got that? I inquired growing annoyed with his blatant staring.

"Yes, and I apologize- but your mother is beyond flawless." he mumbled.

I watched my mom blush a little and that annoyed the hell out of me. The fuck she blushing for?

"Thanks patna. My brothers and I tell her that every day. She's flawless, extraordinary, and I'm a little hungry. I'm pretty sure ya tip for today that I cannot eat unless you put that ticket in so....

He just nodded and hurried off to the back.

"Son mama has to have a life too. I need to get my groove back" she stated while winking at me.

"The only groove you need to worry about is that Zumba class you be taking. And you do have a life. Being a mother and a grandmother. That's all you need- and you got Jesus too. That's all you need mama. What you talking about?" I questioned with my brow raised

She chuckled a little and cleared her throat

"You have always been the over protective one out of your brothers. Son, I was married to the head of a Cartel. My senses and mind work overtime. I can smell and feel bullshit a mile away. You never have to worry about me fawning over a simple compliment. I'm not these basic popcorn hoes you and ya brothers used to chase after. I'm a grown ass women. Just because it ain't wiggling don't mean I can't wobble a little something. Just like ya'll knuckle head niggas have needs-mama got a few of her own. Jasper just don't quit scratch that itch at times son." She responded.

"Mama when you met a nigga named Jasper. He better not be doing nothing but praying for you. That's about all. Talking about an itch. Better sit down somewhere. Matter fact call this dude up so I can meet him properly." I spat while mugging my mama.

"You gotta call Energizer to speak to Jasper" she stated, while licking over her lips.

"Ma, what the battery company got to do with Jasper. I mean really mama...the nigga sell batteries?" I questioned truly feeling confused

"I mean he something like the Energizer bunny. He keeps going, and going-well that is until he needs a battery change" she smirked.

"Mama I still don't....

That shit hit me like a ton of bricks

"Mama you nasty....why would you...." I groaned out, while wiping my face.

I flagged the waiter down

"Sir could you just box my food to go.... please?" I asked a little more politely than before.

She chuckled

"You leaving so soon son?" she joked, while placing a few bills on the table, and flagging the waiter again to request her food be boxed as well.

I nodded my head

"Baby I gotta tell you something before you leave" she spoke with a serious tone.

"What's that mama?" I questioned while getting a little worried.

"Jennifer is about to receive a life changing blow, and I'm not sure what it is- but it will be something that will have her devastated. I hate that it is coming right along the heels of her losing the baby....but it is. Baby I just ask that you pray, be her rock, and don't let nothing keep you from being by her side. However, my mother's intuition tells me that something amazing is going to happen through this storm as well." she answered while looking at me.

I was a little scared because my mother's intuition was never wrong....