Ten:Lani's First Easter

Scar

I was scrolling through Instagram and I saw a picture that Lani posted of me and Isabelle. My baby was making a major thing out of Easter because she said she never got to celebrate holidays properly. I quickly tapped the heart button and read the caption.

Seeing the smile on their faces makes all the long days and nights worth it.

I ran my hand down my face and looked at the positive and rude comments on it. Then I realized my baby mother cousin commented on the picture.

@BelleMommy It would be a better Easter if you actually gave birth to her

I wasn't going to respond back, but I found that comment disrespectful as hell considering Mariah left Isabelle when she was younger and all she knew was Lani as her mom.

I quickly tapped out a reply.

@treasuremonroe Birth mom, or not she still treats us better than your cousin did. Oh, and according to the laws...@BelleMommy is my wife; so that makes her Izzy mom. @BelleMommy we appreciate the unconditional love...let the critics hate!

I heard Lani calling my name from the living room. "Yeah... babe, I'm in the bedroom." I replied still looking through my phone. I looked up as she appeared in the doorway. Ugh babe you don't have the suit on yet. "Natalie I am not putting on that damn bunny suit! I draw the line babe!" I replied with a huff. I shook my head. Her little ass had been trying to make me wear that suit for three weeks now.

"Will you at least wear the ears?" she asked rolling her eyes. I decided I would at least compromise with the ears. I looked her over and realized her and Belle were dressed similar for the egg hunt she had planned in a few.

"Babe I saw the comment that your baby mother's cousin left on my page. I didn't appreciate it at all, but I didn't want to start any drama. The crew is here, so we can all go out and help Belle and the kids find the eggs.

I just nodded my head. I got up to follow behind her. I grabbed her around her waist and kissed her neck. The past months with this girl has been amazing. We rarely got into it like that, and if we did it was never anything major. As we got closer I could hear the laughing, bickering, and banter from everyone here. Everyone included our mom, the crew, and some neighborhood friends.

I watched as Lani's face lit up while she cleared her throat to speak.

My baby was overly excited about this egg hunt. However, I appreciated the jester the most. She went all out to make our baby girl's first real Easter a hit. I wrapped my arm around her shoulders as she spoke.

"I would like to thank everyone for coming out to this egg hunt. You guys have no idea how much this truly means to me. Although, my better half didn't want to comply with my original wishes-I hope you all enjoy this egg hunt. Furthermore, there are approximately 5 golden eggs. The golden eggs have something a little special in them, so make sure to hold on to yours if you find one." Lani stated with that perfect smile of hers.

One of the neighborhood kids named Daniel raised his hand. Lani chuckled and nodded for him to continue. "Mrs. Asiago we look now?" Daniel asked smiling. Lani smiled and replied with a simple yes.

I poked her side and she looked up at me smiling. "Babe what's in them eggs?" I asked since my curiosity was getting the best of me.

She bit her bottom lip and glanced at me through her long lashes. "Uh-uh baby what did you do?" I asked not sure if I really wanted the answer.

"There is a hundred dollars in each egg" she mumbled fast.

My eyes grew wide.

"Hell nah baby, I'm going to help my baby find all those damn eggs." I stated jokingly, but still serious.

"No, your mom has her grumpy." Lani replied with a smirk. I shook my head and yelled out to my mom. "Momma help Belle find all those damn eggs. Push some kids over if you have too. Ain't no rules to egg hunting...every baby for their self? Okay!" I replied making myself laugh until Lani nudged me in my rib cage.

"Ouch girl that's bone you hitting lil' nigga." I stated with a smirk.

"Stop cursing in front of these kids and you won't have to be abused." Lani stated with another smirk.

"Just wait until I get your little ass alone later tonight. You are going to pay for all this abuse you are bestowing against me." I replied with a pout. "Awe you want me to kiss the babies boo boo?" she asked trying to stifle a laugh.

I nodded my head continuing to pout.

She turned around in my arms and wrapped her small arms around my waist. I leaned into her and she kissed my bottom lip before nibbling on it a little. "Mommy's sorry for hurting daddy, and she will make it up when Belle is down for bed tonight." She stated with a wink of her eye. Just that thought alone had me adjusting my frontal area.

I placed my head in the crook of her neck and inhaled before placing butterfly kisses on her neck. I heard her inhale and then exhale.

"Baby"

"Hmm" I replied while still kissing on her neck.

"I don't want to scare you, and I understand if you may not feel the same way just after 4 months of dating; but I love you." She stated in a matter-of-fact tone.

I kind of tensed a little. "Did I really love her, I mean I loved how she took care of me and Belle; but was it really love that I was feeling?" I had a million questions running through my mind at once. I felt her gaze shift to her feet.

I lifted her head with my index finger. I searched her eyes to see if I could find a hint of doubt about her love for me. There wasn't anything in her eyes, but the love she had just confessed for me. I licked over my lips and pulled her closer to me and crashed my lips into hers. The kiss went from innocent to scorching in one quick motion. Once she licked my lips I knew I had to reign both of us in before these kids and my momma found out how I put it down.

"I love you too baby." I replied while placing a kiss to her forehead.

"Baby let's take a picture" she squealed like a little kid.

I shook my head. This girl documented everything she thought was special in pictures. I didn't mind as long as she was smiling.

We decided to take a four shot selfie. They were just a bunch of random faces. I watched as she collaged it. She decided to caption the picture "Happy Easter from the Santiago's." #RealLove

I smiled at the picture. My baby and I looked damn good together. I looked up to see Belle running our way with her basket. "Wook, Mommy and Daddy! I won!" she yelled out with a huge smile on her face.

Ironically she had all five of the gold eggs. I wasn't complaining she had five big ones to put in her piggy bank. I picked her up and kissed her. "Look at everything you found Lady Bug!" I stated while kissing her chubby cheeks. I looked at her and Lani. "Baby, let me get a picture of you and her with the basket." I stated. I chuckled at the poses they decided on, but snapped the picture anyway. The picture was actually adorable.

I posted it to my Instagram with the caption.

"Izzy bunny; Mommy bunny." #BlessedEaster #Twofavoritegirls

I wasn't lying. This was the first time in a long time that I could truly say I was content and happy with everything and everyone around me. Life was going great. I couldn't ask for anything more. I had my brothers, mom, and my little family.

***The picture that Scar took of Lani and Izzy. I dedicated this chapter to LadyK30 because she is always reading and leaving comments. Check out her books as well! They are all great! I promise.- CocainePacino