Forty-One:Take Life By The Hand

Devil

This was supposed to be a fun get away- but it turned into a sick getaway. Something Chris ate has her sick as a dog. We've been held up in the hotel for the past two days. I decided to take her somewhere she's been bugging me about. Disney Land. My poor baby girl couldn't enjoy shit though. She kept peeing and throwing up. Nothing out of the normal though for her. Chris's bladder was weak as hell.

"Babe" she whispered, poking in my cheek.

"What's up?"

"I wanna sight see, but I feel horrible. B-b-abe" she croaked, and her lip quivered.

I knew some shit wasn't right now

"Babe stop all that crying. You have another week." I explained

"I know-but I really wanted a picture with Mickey" she cried harder.

Who cries over a picture with Mickey....
I rubbed her back to get her to calm down.
I hit record and sent it to my mama

Blessing From God🙏🏾💜
She's pregnant son. If sight seeing and a picture with Mickey caused that-she's definitely pregnant.
The only thing that stood out was pregnant.

This shit with pregnancy never ended well. My phone chimed and I looked down.

Chris's mom👑
Take a deep breath and let it out. Its okay Devil.
I laughed at their attempts to keep me calm.

Chris looked at me with wide eyes

"And your laughing. I don't see shit funny at all. Bring X back asshole" she sniffled, wrapping the blanket around her.

This had to be the funniest shit ever- but I couldn't laugh at my baby.

"Chris I think you pregnant, and I'm sorry for laughing- but I promise it wasn't at you baby girl." I muttered, pulling her into my chest.

"No, I got my period"

"No you didn't. You haven't had your cycle in two months now" I replied, after I really thought about it.

She got really quiet and the sniffling got louder

"Babe, why you crying now?"

I rubbed her back through the cover

"Cause him/ her going to be crazy as hell. Oh my gawd, I can't handle a mini us." she cried, wiping her face.

I thought this whole situation was funny as fuck. As serious as this situation was, I couldn't take emotional Chris. I wasn't used to all this crying.

"Babe, we will tackle that when we get to it. I promise you'll be fine. We will both be fine. But I want a girl that looks just like you. Attitude not included" I chuckled, pulling her closer to me.

"You not mad?"

"Why would I be mad Chris? My best friend, and the love of my life is having my child. I couldn't be more excited. We need to get a test, and set up an appointment."

She smiled through swollen eyes. My poor baby was really a big ass softy at heart. I prayed this wasn't going to be an all the time thing. I swear I wasn't equipped for this side of Chris.

"Gimme kiss cry baby" I chuckled, puckering my lips up.

Her eyes started to water, and her lip quivered.

"Baby, I was playing. Please don't cry.....please" I begged, stroking her hair.

A fresh set of tears fell down her face