Fifteen.Two

Recap:

It got quiet for all of two seconds and then all I heard was Scar.

"A motherfucker looking for you, and you ain't say shit? Are you out of your damn mind Lani? Your ass weighs every bit of a 100 pounds maybe. The fuck wrong with you? he yelled, and the phone went dead.

Scar

I watched as she quickly hung the phone up, and turned around.

"How much of that did you hear?" she questioned, while biting her lip.

I looked at her like she had three heads. She's in fucking danger, and worried about what the hell I heard. Is she dumb, simple, or plain stupid.

"I heard enough to know that a nigga has a hit on your fucking head." I yelled, causing her to flinch.

"It's not that serious, and I can handle this Scar. I been handling it since I was 12." she mumbled, while standing up.

I felt my nose flaring, and my face turning red. It was pissing me off that she was really being so nonchalant about the situation at hand.

"Lani stop trying to be the fucking man in this situation. Let me be that, and let your guard down- trust me on this shit. Ain't no nigga about to fuck with what's mine. I put that shit on my fathers grave!" I yelled, while beating my chest.

She went to walk pass me and I grabbed her wrist.

"Don't touch me Scar" she yelled, trying to snatch away.

I was confused as hell why she was fighting me tooth and nail on this situation.

I decided to try a different approach now.

"Lani why are you fighting me on this?" I questioned, letting her wrist go.

"It's my battle to fight, and not yours. I-

"Shut that I and my shit up. When you get into a relationship you trade in the I for we. Not only are you in danger, but you are putting our daughter in danger. See what I did there...the usage of our?

She sucked her teeth and rolled her eyes. I walked towards the couch and sat down.

"Lani bring your ass here." I grumbled, while running my hand across my head.

I watched as she walked towards me with her head down. Once she got in front of me I pulled her down in my lap.

"This nigga been messaging you, or is it strictly calls?" I questioned, while biting on my bottom lip.

"Both" she whispered, while pulling her cell out.

I just looked at her for a few moments. I swear she had life fucked up right now.

I snatched the phone not caring to apologize at the moment.

I was reading through the messages, but only three caught my attention.

They were all from this week .

9:20 a.m.

I see ya man brother got robbed. Its ashame that all of them couldn't make it.

10:00 a.m.

I see that pretty little girl you have with you!  It would be a sad day if she turned up missing. In due time Lani bear.

1:00 p.m.

I've been watching Gabby- Lani, and she's so pretty. She looks just like your mom. I can't wait to get that old thing back. She was a real money maker.

I threw her phone against the wall, and watched it shatter. I opened and closed my fist feeling the anger course through me.

"Lani this nigga knows what the fuck my daughter looks like, and this nigga probably outside lurking around somewhere." I yelled, causing her to flinch.

"Don't yell at me." she sniffled, while wiping at the tears.

"Nah, the only way your dumb ass seems to understand this situation is when I yell." I hissed, while staring at the side of her face.

Her head shot up, and I saw the hurt flash in her eyes. I didn't mean to call her a dumb ass, but she seriously is acting like a dummy in this situation. It sounded like she was dealing with a fucking psycho to be honest. I mean who obsessess over little ass girls.

Lani

For the first time in a long time I felt like that helpless llittle girl right now. I was a wreck on the inside, but putting on a front like I was all good. I was afraid that everything I worked so hard for was going to come falling down around me. Once it got quiet the only thing I could think to do was lay against Scar and cry.

I cried because I couldn't help my sister when we were younger. I cried because I couldn't help my mother. I cried because I couldn't protect Izzy from that monster. I cried because my statement wasn't enough to keep Matthew in jail. I cried because I was tired. I had this wall built up like I was the toughest, but I was still that lost little girl inside. I felt Scar hesitate for a moment, but then he wrapped his arms around me.

"Baby stop crying, and just let me take care of this, and stop stressing yourself out about this." He mumbled, while placing a kiss at my temple.

"I don't know how to do that Scar. I have always went through this alone." I stated, while trying to get closer if that was possible.

"You aren't alone anymore though. You have me, my brothers, Izzy, and my mom." He replied, while holding me tighter.

"Okay, what do you need from me?" I questioned, while looking up for the first time since I sat down.

"I need to know everything you can remember about that nigga.  Name, age, birthday, anything that stands out about him." He replied, while giving me a notebook and pen.

I started to write the information down.

"The fuck? He got Gabby name tattooed on him? Does she know that?" he mumbled, while reading more of the list.

"Nope, its across his chest though." I replied.

"Well we gotta be ten steps ahead of him since he has the upper hand right now." He grumbled.

"Yeah, but Matthew isn't all that smart. He'll have some low class goons do his dirty work." I replied, knowing he was a coward when it came to facing men.

"Well Matthew is in for a rude awakening. I just sent word out to my boys. I want him bad now. He fucked up sending for ya'll, but he really fucked up sending for Isabelle. I don't play about my family. He hissed.

I put the pad down and turned around in his lap. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and pouted.

"What yo itty bitty ass pouting for now? he asked, while attempting to roll his eyes.

"I'm sorry babe. I shouldn't have been keeping all of this from you. I should have told you the first time he called me last month.

"This nigga been calling since last month Lani? He questioned, while mugging me.

"Yeah" I mumbled.

He shook his head, and sighed.

"If I wasn't in love with you I would have been said fuck this shit. Since I'm all in I ain't going nowhere, but your ass about to be dickless until I feel you have learned your lesson ma." he replied, holding that same mug.

"We'll see, mister I can't sleep without being inside you!" I responded, while smirking.

"Yeah, we will see. I stated, while placing a kiss on his lips.

"We shall" he chuckled, and placed a kiss on my forehead.

***Matthew is off to the side, and I hope you guys enjoy it. I won't put a time on when I will have another update available since school has started back. Any predictions for what you think may happen? I apologize for any mistakes as well. Love ya!- CocainePacino