Chapter 14

I was in my room as I collect the little events that happened earlier today. Heh, a smile formed on my lips and wouldn't let go. So that's how you make a coffee~

Earlier~~~~

"Ah! S-Sorry! It wasn't on purpose!"

"Save that for later, we have to clean it up."

I had accident dropped a glass cup on the floor and it shattered. I'm such a klutz.

"No no I'll clean it, since it's my fault."

"Wait."

I bent down to pick up the glass and in one shot, I cutted myself. I can't even imagine anything else that I could do worse, but I seriously can't believe I just cutted myself so easily.

"Ow!" I cried out a bit.

"(sigh) That's why I said wait, here, let me see."

Levi bent near me and had my hand in his.  I looked elsewhere, trying to put on a poker face to push away my incoming smirk. I probably look like an idiot right now.

Levi then looked up at me.

"What is it?"

"N-Nothing! Well, uh, let's get back to the coffee making."

I pulled my hand away from Levi's and stood up. I asked for a bandage and Levi personally taped it around my cut. He did it so gently. W-Well thats probably normal for him. We were at the part where we pour in the boiled water since there's no milk.

"Okay, here I go," I said tensely.

I had one hand on the handle of the boiled water pot and another hand on the cup. I was really nervous with Levi around, and so, I accidentally again, made a mistake. I poured a little of the hot water out and it landed on my fingers.

"Ah!" I cried out again.

Good thing that I was more careful that I only got my fingers burned. I didn't spill the cup or the hot water. Levi was still down there picking up the broken glass pieces before he stood up to see what happened now.

"Sorry again, captain. I keep messing up."

"Let me see."

"Huh?"

Levi half sighed and grabbed my hand and looked at my burned fingers. They were red, and so was my face. Levi pulled it over toward the sink and ran it through cold water.

"Better?"

"Yeah...um, thanks."

"No need for that, shall we continue?"

"Yes, captain."

This time, I successfully poured the water in.

"You know what you do next?"

"Yes, now I have to swirl them together."

I put the spoon in and did that. I feel like an idiot asking how to make this. It's surprisingly simple.

"Le-captain, would you like to try my very first made coffee?" I asked, smiling.

"Sure, let's drink half and half. I'll pour you another cup."

We then drank together, this time with coffee. It's actually pretty good, I like coffee. I turned towards Levi, hoping for a comment. As if he saw through my thought, he looked at me and patted my head.

"You still have a long way to go, cadet."

"Well it's only my first time, you know."

"Okay, let's clean this mess up."

Later........

After the cleanup, it was already dark outside. Levi said I should leave but I wanted to stay longer.

"People will start thinking if they see you leaving my office late at night, (y/n)."

"Okay then."

Before I left, I patted Levi's head. Levi's eyes widened a lil and pulled my hand away.

"Um, a little payback for touching my head," I said, blushing,"Bye, captain."

"....bye.."

I skipped happily to my room.

Back to Present

I was still thinking about it and smiling. Heheheh, I should probably go to sleep.

That night, I had a dream about the world outside of the walls. It was so beautiful and so scary. Animals, plants, insects.....and titans.