Chapter 16

It was the next day, and only 3 more days until the expedition. I still feel scared, but I'm going to protect the people who are important to me. So I'll become stronger and stronger.

I used a thick tree growing beside the the barracks to improve my speed and accuracy. I did it carefully, trying not to overdo myself. Eren and Petra then came and we trained together.

Petra's always trained with Levi, so her movements are similar to his. Heh, I kinda envy her, but not as much now.

Couple Minutes Later~~~

"P-Petra, I'll win this round!"

While training, we decided on making this funner by having us three doing rounds. The rules are simple, we draw a circle that stretches about 3 yards. We fight each other, while at the same time, we try to get the other person out of the circle. The person remaining in the circle wins.

"Oh look, there's captain."

"What?" Petra said and looked behind her.

Haha, an opening. Just as I was aiming my punch into her stomach, she turned around hit my throat. Ugh, my trick didn't work, but instead, I'm the one with an opening.

"AoOOWW!!" I screamed in pain. (Coughs)

"Heheh, don't think that that can trick me."

Ugh, after getting hit in the throat, I got kneed in my stomach, side-smacked in the face, and almost, almost, got pushed out of the circle.

"Nice try, Petra, but it's my turn now."

Although I said that, I've got no plan at all. I was never the strategy type, just the one that can hit I guess. Well I'm not really sure what type I am. Maybe the fighting type?

I had my fighting stance on now, time to get serious. I gathered my strength in my legs and quickly, using my strength, moved close to Petra. I gave her a fake attack, and then punched her in the jaw. Taking my advantage, I kneed her back. I then grabbed her hard on her arms, attempting to throw her out the circle. But it was not that easy, she used that advantage to land a blow on me. Using her arms, she drew me close to her, and banged her head with mine.

"Oww!" I cried and "Ugh." Petra cried.

In an instant, Petra had my head around her arms and made me lose my balance by pushing me backwards. And then, I was pushed out of the circle.

"Yay!" Petra screamed with a victory smile.

The rest of the squad members gathered around and watched. And now, it's Eren vs. Petra.

"Okay, ready, set, begin!"

Oluo: Hey guys, who're you people voting on? I vote on Petra, she'll definitely win. (Raises a victory fist) Go, Petra!!

"Yeah!" Petra answered him.

Eld: I guess I'll vote on Eren.

Gunther: Hahah, maybe I'll vote on Eren, too.

I didn't really vote on any of the two. I just watched as the second round began. Eren started by aiming punches in Petra's direction, but she dodged all of them. Next, Petra started aiming her attacks, but Eren also dodged all of them. Of the corners of my eyes, I caught a glimpse of Levi. I turned over and saw him walking towards me and the rest. He stopped just beside me, and we watched the match. The members greeted Levi, the same with Eren and Petra. With that, we just watched as the others cheered.

"Did you fight already?"

"Yeah. Heh, I lost."

"Next time you do these matches, I'll be watching, so make sure to win."

"Okay, if I can though."

"Hmm."

"No, say okay."

"Fine, okay."

Heheh, he listened to me again.

Eren attempted to flip Petra over onto the ground by grabbing her at a certain angle. Petra was quick enough to move that she kneed Eren right in the balls. Eren squealed on the ground, with his hands on his private part. Petra grabbed Eren up and tried to push him out the circle, but failed. Eren bites Petra's hand and kicked her, but Petra used her arms to shield herself. The match went on a bit more longer then mine, until finally it's over.

This is how it ended. Eren and Petra were trying to push each other out the circle, but Eren tripped and got Petra down with him. But it counted as Petra's victory since Eren hit the ground first.

Oluo rubbed it in Gunter and Eld's face.

Oluo: See? You should've listened to me and voted on Petra. Hahahah.

Gunther: Heheh, I can't believe Eren lost.

Eld: .........

"Yay!" Petra screamed again with a victory smile.

Everyone congrats Petra, including Levi.

"Good job," Levi told her as an congrats.

"Congrats, Petra!" I said it this way.

"Hahah, I can't believe I actually won both of the match," Petra said happily.

I will need to train harder, I'm still not strong enough. If it's to protect,  it'll be more like them protecting me, instead of me protecting them.

After the excitement of the matches or you can call rounds, everyone parted to their own trainings. Levi trained us three. I went first to spar with Levi while the other two spar with each other. After me, came Eren and then Petra.

Time Skip (After the Trainings)

I walked around with Eren and Petra. Today was very fun, I told them. They agreed with me, and we promised that after the expedition, we're going to do these matches again. And at that time, I will definitely win, I told them.