Chapter 22

There were two men in front of me. My mind wandered around searching for clues of what happened. As I try to recall, my head starts having pain.

"There's something, captain."

Captain? So this guy is the captain. He seems so....mysterious and....fascinating, somehow.
3 Months Earlier~~~ (3rd person pov)

"Hurry! Hurry!!"

"Sir, her head's bleeding real bad!"

"It's okay, we'll be doing the surgery soon. Corporal Levi, with just one word from you, we'll start the surgery immediately."

Levi thought for a second and said,"Okay," to the medical teams and the surgery started.

Eren walked up behind Levi.

"Will...will (y/n) be okay, captain?"

"...she will," Levi could see the worry in Eren's face and added,"She's a strong girl, she'll make it."

Although Levi said that, he wasn't so sure himself. He's never felt this massive feel of worry and afraid of losing someone this much.

Hours Later......

It's been 3 hours and (y/n)'s still in there having surgery done.

Trying to push away these feelings of attachments, Levi got up and walked away like nothing happened. While Eren sat there, waited, and waited.

Time Skip  (In Levi's Office)

Entering the room, Levi sat down by hid work table. That's when he noticed a letter on his desk. He grabbed it, and it read, To Levi, From (y/n). The word (y/n), struck the Corporal hard, and he fights back to not let his emotion unravel. Slowly, he opened up the envelope and read what was inside.          It went like this:

Dear Levi,

     Levi, what I'm about to say now, are words from my heart. I've always wanted to tell you this, but I was too shy. You see, I loved you from the very first moment we met. I'm not sure if you noticed me though.
     The days we spent here was really fun. I was so happy that you took me in your squad. I love the time when you taught me how to make coffee, it was really fun, although I was being a klutz. Heheh..but thanks for teaching me. I tried not to think about this, but if I really go to a very far place one day, then I should have told you that I love you everyday. And please remember me, even though you probably have alot of people to remember for. I can tell that you've lost many things. Your eyes, they say a lot, but because they're eyes, people don't really notice. But even if it's like that, I noticed. So you're not alone, I was there.
     I know it's very selfish of me to put my burden on you, I'm sorry. But you saved me, so I wanted to at least save you, even though I probably deepened your wound. Levi, if it hurts, it's okay to cry. It will wash away your pain and sadness, although not entirely. I'm kinda running out of room, so I want to tell you again, I love you, and you're not alone, Levi.

                                                  Love you,
                                                (Full name)

Levi felt an imense feeling of sadness and hugged the letter and envelope against his chest.

Suddenly, there was a knocking on the door. Without the person answering, Levi already knew. Levi opened the open.

"Is it (y/n)?"

It was Eren,"Yes sir, the surgery's done."

"What room is she in?"

"Room 14."

Levi rushed to where (y/n) is, with Eren behind.

After arriving in the room, (y/n) had her eyes closed, lying there, on the bed.

"Ah hi Levi, I'm Dr. McHauser, I'm (y/n)'s doctor." Dr. McHauser said, and looked at the girl," This girl, she's tough, I could feel that she held onto her life the whole time, even under a 20 percent success chance."

Levi had walked to beside the bed.

"How long will it take until she's conscious, Dr. McHauser?"

"Well that, I'm not sure. There's a decent amount of chance between her waking and not waking. If early, she'll wake up at around 2 months or so. If not, it'll probably take a year or more. But she probably will wake, considering how tough she is."

"I see," Levi said as the doctor took his leave.

Eren sat on the stool beside the bed. From that day onwards, the two would always come see (y/n), when they have time.

Back to Present

Ah what am I doing? I got embarrassed, if I stare too long, he'll get the wrong idea. I was a little shy, but I asked them.

"Um, who are you guys?"

The younger looking guy stared at the older looking guy and back at me. And the older looking guy, stared at me.

I could feel a series of confusion in the air, including mine. Which is most of it.