Chapter 42

"Hmm?" Levi responded.

"Nothing," I said.

I realized that Levi is standing and got him a chair.

"Sit down," I offered.

"Thanks."

My eyes shot up, d-did he just say t-thanks? He never says that! Anyway, I hesitated before I asked levi a question.

"Captain, do you think a guy and a girl can become really close friends?"

"Yeah," levi answered.

"No, I mean a more special bond."

"There will be conditions to develope that sort of friendship."

"Like what?"

"I guess the female or male will require differences in them. Like the boy is girly, or the girl is a tomboy. But if there isn't any differences in them, then it would be that the both of them already have feelings for each other. But they don't know."

"Feelings? Then how do you know that he/she l-likes you?"

"Why're you asking me this?" Levi asked.

"I, um...you said it first."

Levi sat back, and sighed.

"What is love anyway?" He questioned.

When there were no more talking, I spoke up.

"W-Were you talking to me?" I asked.

"No," levi answered flatly.

"Okay then," I said.

"So you were asking what love is, huh?" I continued.

"No," Levi answered again, flatly.

"Okay, well I'll give you the answer anyway."

"Okay."

"Um, so love is...." I choked on my words.

I'm very aware of what love is, but how cone I can't say anything? It's always when I need to spell things out that my mind goes blank. Okay, just think.

"You don't know?" He asked.

"N-No, I do," I said,"my brain's just choking right now."

"Then think of that person," Levi adviced.

Think of that person. In my head, Levi started to take form. I continued to picture him. He's short, he's ill-mannered, he uses cuss words, and he's grumpy. But he's the strongest, the smartest, and the wisest man on earth. He's hot, he's cool, he's everything. Heat rose to my cheeks as my heart sped. That's right, love doesn't need a reason. As long as you love that person, that's what counts.

"I...have my answer."

"Say it," Levi said.

"Love....love is...confusing," I answered.

While I gave my answer to his question, although not directed at me, I mostly stared at my hands.

"But...its also what happiness is. Its the most weird and unique feeling formed on this planet. It makes you seem like you're on drugs. When that person's near, you just can't help but shake. You also feel out of breath, and so happy. You think of them all the time...he becomes the brightest in your world."

"He?"

"Yes, he becomes what you crave, but...it'll be painful if that person feels the we affection for someone else. But still, if they're happy, then that's what matters! ...but it can be really...hard on yourself."