Chapter 43

Day of the Expedition
Time: 6:00am

It's finally the day.

++++++++++++

Waiting with everyone else in front of the gate, I felt a nervous knob throbbing in my chest. The gate opened suddenly while I was in my own little nervous world.

"Go!" The commander shouted.

Go...go, I said in my head as I tried to get my horse going. Hurry up!

My horse finally started moving with my shaky hands in control. I passed through the gate, and a whole beam of sunlight hits me. It was like nothing I ever felt before! Or maybe I had, but I don't recall. But it felt dreamy, the outside world's so pretty!

The trees, the grass, the sunlight, the animals, and this wide blue sky. Its like I'm at the edge of the world.

"Move it!"

I flinched.

"S-Sorry!" I apologized and moved faster.

Get ahold of yourself, (y/n)! You can be a slow poke on any other day, but not this day! With that in mind, I focused on the current task.

The commander, brought us to a mountain side with a big open spot. The spot was surrounded by trees and it consisted of grass and some flowers.

Wow, so those things are what flowers looks like. I continued to examine this place, my eyes sparkled as I looked.

Unlike in the walls, my body feels so light here.

FUUUUUU!!

"Wah!" I got startled.

It was Eren, the process of his transformation. To be honest, it looked cool. My first time witnessing such a thing.

Speaking of Eren's titan form, I can see the resemblance. The brown hair, and that aura of passion. That's defiantly Eren, but it's so unbelievable how humans can turn into titans. Suddenly it struck me, maybe...we're the same as titans?!

The other peoples quiet shriek and tension brought me back. I realized that a few of them were like me. It's their first time, too.

In his titan form, he took a glance at me. I got all stiff, first time having a titan staring at me, even if its Eren.

"Get moving, everyone!" Commander Erwin shouted.

I listened carefully to what my job may be.

"Hamada!" the commander shouted,"and you 2, stand guard at the east!"

"Yes, sir," the three said at once, and moved immediately.

"You three! Stand guard at the west side!"

"Yes, sir," again, it was said all at once.

"Eugene!"

"Yes, sir!"

"Katherine!"

"Yes, sir!"

"Both at the south!"

"Yes!" Both answered together.

The security's tight, huh? The remaining ones consisted of twelve people, including me. The commander and squad leader were the only superiors here. *sigh* I wish Levi was here, too. At this time, he's still doing his boring paperworks.

To be continued...

"Achooo!" Levi sneazed.

Continued