Chapter 32

I stepped into my room and sat down on a chair. I thought about the two guys. I didn't even know their names, but I'll remember them. It's sad how a human life can be lost so easily. Well, some lives are tough.

Well of course I'm not saying that they have a weak life, because anyone would be dead being shot through vital parts of the body. Like the brains.

I looked out the window, I could see the others training. Oh yeah, the envelopes. I walked over to my desk and picked a random one. When I looked to see who's I got, Petra, was written on it. The name sounds familiar. First thing I realized was that the envelope hadn't been opened, yet. The other 3 were the same, and with familiar names on it. Finally, I studied the envelopes that were opened and realized that they were probably all written to my friends. Levi, Eren, Armin, Mikasa, Jean, Sasha, Connie, Petra, Oluo, Eld, and Gunther.

Later.......

We were training, but I asked Levi a question, and pulled him away from the others.

"Um, captain, who are Petra, Oluo, Eld and Gunther?"

"Why do you want to know?"

"Because I wrote a letter to them, in those envelopes. And it wasn't opened, plus...I never met them."

"Fine. Well, they were our comrades."

Were?

"...oh..where are they now?"

I felt uneasy. Did something happen to them...?

"They're gone."

Gone...I started to daydream at that word. I guess my head just sorta started to search around, because I feel something familiar about it.

"What do you mean they're...gone?"

"Exactly how it sounds," Levi said,"They're dead, gone to heaven."

I wasn't sure what to say, so I just picked something.

"That's....sad."

Levi kept quiet. I asked him if I knew them, and he told me about how we were comrades, and my closeness with Petra and Eren here. I felt bad that I forgot about them. But I felt even more bad for Levi, it defiantly hurted him alot.

I want sure what to say, I just stared at him, and stared. Until he broke the silence.

"Enough with this already. They're already dead, there's no use moping over it. I'd rather you go train, (y/n)."

Was Levi...trying to comfort me...? Heh, he's not good at it. But I could tell, he is sad over his comrades' deaths. I decided that it would be useless to continue this, and went on to train. I guess all I can do is to remember them, and at the same time, face forward to what's in front of me.

That day ended with me training. When I went to sleep, I had a dream of my dead comrades. It was like a series of small video clips. Clips of Petra, Eren and me playing that fighting game I created. Of the first day I arrived here, the introductions. There weren't much of Oluo, Eld, and Gunther. We didn't have much times together. I dreamed of a time with Levi. I was just a street and homeless girl, that was the first time I met him. And...what was that feeling...?

I then woke up. The memories were vague. But enough for me to remember the faces of them. And some of the events.

Time Skip~~

"Captain!"

I ran to Levi's office, except I was outside of it. Levi answered from inside.

"What is it?"

"Um, I...I remember what Petra, Oluo, Eld and Gunther look like. And...the first time...I met you."

The last few words were said with a lower volume. I wasn't sure why I wanted to tell him that, but I guess I probably wanted him to know.

"The first time we met?"

"Oh, well....I'm not sure if you know that I was there....but I saw you. Two years ago, when the Survey Corps came back from their mission. And...um, it was successful and uh...people were talking about you, I think. W-Well, I saw you, you were riding your horse. You looked....." my mind went blank, I was getting so nervous. My heart was pounding, and I couldn't control what I was saying,"You looked so...cool. I was looking at you, but you didn't notice me. Well it makes sense, I'm just a girl. That's all, a girl who chased after-"

I realized what I was saying and immediately shut myself up. My cheeks were flushing with redness, and I felt dizzy. I was going crazy, my heart kept fluttering. I tried to calm myself down, but it was uncontrollable. I was too busy with myself that I didn't realize the door opening. It was like in slow motion, as I looked up and saw Levi, as the door opened more, and more.

"Uh....I...um..was chasing after that cool aura that you were carrying with you!" I raised my voice and quickly ran away.

As I ran, I glanced back. What I saw, I thought couldn't be true. Was he...blushing? Levi was staring at the floor, with a hint of pink across his face. Even so, I kept on running, without glancing back anymore.

That feeling was love, when I first met him. That's where it all started.