Chapter 25

After looking at myself in the mirror, I somehow wanted to see Levi. And so, I'm in his office.

"Levi, how do you think I look?"

"First of all, you call me captain."

"Ah! Sorry, it just slipped out of my mouth. Wait, that doesn't mean I call you Levi in my head! For real, I don't."

Ugh, this is so embarrassing. Actually, I do call him Levi in my head. It's not anything weird, it's just...somehow I want to.

"Okay, fine. Anyway, you look normal. Is something wrong with it?"

"N-No. It's just that, I don't remember anything, including my facial features. So it's kinda weird seeing that this is how I look, you know."

"I see."

"Uh, y-yeah."

"Something wrong?"

"No, it's just that....everything feels so off."

"Mm?"

"The problem is I don't know, Le-captain."

"Hmmm."

For some reason, my eyes went towards his lips. It feels so extraordinary, like my body is trying to tell me something. I quickly averted my eyes when he caught me staring.

"W-Well then, I uh, better go."

I was kinda embarrassed at myself. I then opened the door and was about to leave, when....

"(Y/n)."

Levi called out to me. I felt myself jumped.

"Are you okay?"

"W-What do you mean?"

"You seem different."

"Nah, I'm the same," I tried to not stutter.

Levi walked towards me. He put his hands on my shoulders and turned me around, so I'm facing him. I stared at him intensely, catching every detail of him. I started to calm down, I guess I'm just nervous because I don't know him too well.

"What is it, captain?" My words came out smoothly.

This is really weird. I feel a certain way, familiarity and a pang of sadness. Why do I feel this way? I really want to know.

"Captain?" I asked again,"You look sad."

Levi looked surprised at my words.

"You're the one who looks sad."

"Oh really?" I said, trying to fix my face.

"That was a lie, anyway, go back to your room."

"Okay, and don't lie to me, captain. And bye."

With that, I walked out the office, and closed the door. I walked back to my room. I just laid on my bed, there was nothing to do. After the action I had today, I felt more bored. I sat in a chair and looked out the window. I saw Eren and the other people training. I copied their movements, trying to strengthen my body.