Chapter 37

"Sorry, I can't," I praticed my rejection

I know what to say, I just need some time to say it. Whenever, I feel bothered, I seem to like to go out and get some fresh air. And so I did that.

I walked around and decided to see if Amy's out. She should at least be outside if she was sad about her dad.

I walked to where I saw her the first time, and there she is, with another kid. I think his name was Don. Wait, so they've become friends? If I remember correctly,  Don was the one who insulted Amy the most.

I inched closer, I was curious to what they're talking about. I finally managed to get within earshot.

"D-Don...I...I kinda...like you..." Amy confessed out of the blue, that's what it seems like to me. Out of the blue.

I was surprised and amazed at the same time. Amy's slowly coming out of her shell. It's already a big step for her to muster the courage to confess. I think it's also a big step to start liking someone. My heart skipped a beat. Liking someone...yeah, it's a big step.

I'm the same as Amy, the only difference is that I'm trying to find my shell. I wonder what kind of a life I had led. I remembered the man that was abusing me. That was my dad.... No, it's fine. It may not be the best, but I still had a childhood. It's there for me to know, so I have to know.

"S-So..will you..be my boyfriend?"

Amy, I'm so proud if you! You're really opening yourself up, but I fear that you're going to be rejected.

"Sorry, Amy,"Don replied,"I don't feel that way."

Amy's eyes dropped down, eyes in disappointment. I feel bad for her, rejection is hard.

Don walked away, I could see the uncomfortable look on his face.

After a while, I walked over to Amy. Her face was turned downwards, and so I lifted it up. She knew it was me and let me see her face. There were tears locked in her eyes. I sat down beside her.

"Amy, that was awesome," I said, trying to lighten up the mood.

"It wasn't."

Actually, it was. I'm already almost an adult and I'm still not able to confess my feelings.

"No, it was," I insisted,"you were pretty cool back there."

"Whatever you think."

"I really mean it," I said,"you see, I...like someone, too. But I don't have the guts to confess."

Amy didn't say anything, she just stared at the ground. After a few awkward minutes, she spoke up.

"It's nothing unique, it's normal. One day, you will have to let the other person know your feelings. So...it's nothing unique."

I thought about Eren. He knew I liked someone else, but he still confessed knowing that there's no chance of getting together. So that's what it is. It's normal...is it? I turned towards Amy.

"No, I don't think so," I said,"I think every confession is unique, at least for me."

"Whatever you think."

"Amy, um, maybe you will be successful next time. Keep trying...good luck."

Amy thought for awhile before asking,"really?"

"Yeah, defiantly. Well I don't know, but I have a feeling you will."

I thought about Levi. Maybe there is a chance that he will like me back. It feels almost impossible though. He really don't seem like the type to like someone. It doesn't matter if he likes me though.