Chapter 19

Day of the Expedition~~

I gathered up the letters as everyone waits for me outside. I slipped each of them to the person I wrote to. To my friend that ate in the other barracks, I bundled them up with Eren's, with a note, asking for Eren to give it to them. Finally, with my letter to Levi, I put it on his work table, and gently closed the door.

I hopped on my horse and hurried outside to everyone else. At the entrance, we met up with the other soldiers and the door on the giant wall opened up.

"Woww."

I felt carefree. It was a pretty bright day. The sunlight shined against my skin, it was warm. I've never been outside the walls before, and it was beautiful. I felt myself calmed down from my fear of the titans. It actually wasn't so bad.

An Hour Later....

There guns fired with colors of black into the sky. I wonder if they were okay. I was tense, I felt insecure.

Eren fired his gun with the color of black, following Levi's order.

Later......

We entered a forest, the trees were real big. Eren called out to Levi and asked him several questions. Levi answered very obviously and told him to use his brains to calculate what he should do.

I then see Eren looking around at everyone, and I did the same. I realized that everyone's looking fustrated and confused. I see....so no one knows what exactly we're doing. I don't know either, but perhaps Levi knows. There's no way he will let himself wandering in this big forest not knowing anything. That's just how he is. I gulped down my fear that's slowly creeping up on me. I have to stay calm.

After awhile another black smoke was fired. It came from behind us. I started to get scared, something's coming. I remembered my dream. Uh-oh....I'm having a bad feeling.

"Draw your blades!" Levi ordered.

Everyone drawed their blade out.

"If we see it,it'll only be for a second," Levi told us.

What? What are we going to see? A titan obviously, but judging by Levi's words, I don't know what kind of titan will pop out. I squinted my eyes shut and then open them again, keeping my eyes focused.

I heard the maneuver gear, a soldier, and as soon as I turn around to look, it's already smacked instantly by a titan. A female titan. I could instantly tell that, that one's special, it's my first time seeing one, too.

In that one instant I got frightened, but Eren, he was even more frightened. The titan was eyeing its eyes on Eren. More people came to attack the titan, but got smacked away immediately. Petra and the rest, except for Eren, started calling for Levi. For his orders.

Finally, Levi said something, "Everyone, cover your ears."

What? But I did as I and everyone else was told. I made sure not to fall off the horse as I let go my hands and covered my ears.

Levi fired a noise grenade, it made a loud and irritating screeching noise. Even with my ears covered, I still felt a little dizzy from the noise. Dang, Levi didn't cover his ears at all.

"What is your job? To just let yourself be swayed by whatever you're feeling at the moment? No, it's not. Our squad's job, is to keep the brat from getting a single scratche on him. Even if it costs our lives."

Just from that one single speech, everyone calmed down, including me. So that's what we're supposed to do.

"We keep going on our horses, got it?"

Petra: Roger!

Eren: Keep going? For how long? And it's right on top of us...huh? Again, the reinforcements. If we don't help, they'll be wiped out again!

Gunther: Eren, eyes on the road!

Eld: Keep your pace up...stay at top speed!

Eren: But sir...why? If the Levi squad doesn't defeat it, who will?

Eren saw another of the reinforcements killed and then another. Eren still cried out that we should start fighting. I just stayed quiet, mostly because I have nothing to say.

Petra: Eren, eyes back on the road! Keep going!

Eren: Are you telling me to look away? To abandon my comrades and run?!

Petra: Yes, that's right! Obey the captain's orders!

The argument went on for a while longer. Soon, Oluo got in the argument, trying to convince Eren. Eren finally quieted down for a moment, but then he seems to be thinking of something. Uh-oh, I saw Eren lifting his hand towards his mouth.

Petra: What are you doing, Eren?

Petra tried to stop Eren, but failed. Until Levi spoke up.

Levi: You aren't wrong. If you want to, do it. Eren, the difference between your decision and ours is experience. But you don't have to rely on that. Choose. Believe in yourself. Or believe in the Survey Corps and me. I don't know, I never have. I can believe in my own abilities or the choice of companions I trust. But no one ever knows how it will turn out. So choose for whichever decision you'll regret least.

Eren took some time to decide. Levi told him he's taking too long.

Eren shouted,"I'll go forward!"

That's it, Eren decided to believe and follow us. It was actually quite inspirational. Alright, I will do my best too. Plus, that speech that Levi gave, made me respect him even more.