Chapter 8

The next day I was still in bed. My body was sore, but I should be able to make it before the mission.

The Next Day......

Tomorrow's the mission, but my body is still sore! Wait, it's sore so it's not... injured.

I smiled at what I just realized. I walked down the hallway and watched the rest of the members train. I spotted Levi helping Petra train with his hands on Petra's arm, teaching her the correct position. Unsurprisingly, I found myself frowning.

I shouldn't be jealous so easily, it'll be troublesome for Levi. I forced my eyes to focus somewhere else, but I find myself staring even more.

Petra was smiling, Levi looked relieved and unstressful. Although his face is stoic, I could tell he's different from when he's with me. Not just me, everyone.

I was silent for awhile, finally my thoughts came passing through my head.

"It's not fair, I want to be that one special person to Levi. I never get what I want...it's so unfair............Petra's cute, so of course Levi would rather choose her over me. It's obvious, my looks are normal, there's nothing that really sticks out from me. I'm just another kid that wants to fight in the military. That's all.....but it's so...fustrating...!"

I heard footsteps in front of me, I looked up. It was Levi."...Wh-what..."

"What are you doing here,"Levi said with a sigh.

"Walking."

"Listen brat, don't act smart with me. And go rest unless you want to get yourself killed on the mission tomorrow."

"...Yeah, but you didn't say today too.."

"..Oi, shut that smart-ass mouth right now,"Levi told me.

"Yeah yeah,"I mumbled and said lazily,"I'm sorry, captain."

...........................

There was a moment of silence.

Why am I acting like this? I shouldn't be like this, it's not the normal me. But...it hurts. My chest hurts...I don't like it.

I was looking away this whole time, but when I looked at Levi...his face..shows of unpleasantness. He's feeling unpleasant, unhappy, worried, and dissapointed.

"Sorry,"I mumbled, low enough that he probably didn't hear it. But that's what I wanted, I didn't want him to hear. I didn't know why, I just don't want him to.

I quickly walked away, then I ran. I didn't cry, I won't let myself anyway. I just felt a very sharp tug in my chest.

I opened the doornob to my room and went inside. I'll become stronger that Levi will notice me. I started punching and kicking in midair.

I felt a ting of pain through my right leg, I put some ointment on it. I rested my legs and start my punches and lifting weights by holding up heavy objects in my room.

I rested myself after a while, tomorrow's the mission. This will be my first time outside the walls, I felt excited for that. But I felt nervous about having to fight the titans.

I did a little therapy to help my soreness.

Day of the Mission: 5:54am

I felt a little worn out, besides, I still feel a little sore. I stared at Levi's back, somethings different today.

I was on my horse like everyone else, heading towards the wall. The other groups were with us, I saw my friends.

I felt uneasy somehow. I went back to staring at Levi. There's something off with him today. He looks unsteady.