19

|| Now or Never ||
GAIA ;

I either had the Benefit of the doubt. Of two options, and those two alone. I could either make a run for it or simply face what has to come. I missed Mattheo with everything I had, I'm dying for his touch. Yet, he still does not feel the same?

"Here you are, dear!" The worker gave me the drinks,

I flashed the nice man a smile, before hesitating to go back to the table. I stared there blankly. Utterly confused.

Come on Gaia.

They won't even notice.

"Will you mind holding these? I have to use the bathroom." I asked leaning over the counter.

The man smiled and nodded his head in a yes motion. With no further words to speak, I walked to the restroom.

I stood in the mirror, trying to gain the confidence to go back out there. I can't just be a coward and stay in here forever. There isn't even a window to make a run for it. My hands began to sweat, as my head began throbbing.

I splashed water on my face in hopes of relaxation. Or maybe even a bit of relief?

"Alright there, sweetheart?" Mattheo asked leaning off of the wall. His hair just as graceful as it always was, hands fiddling with his wand, and that damn smirk.

"Spectacular." I groaned.

Not that I did not wish to see him, because I did. But I feel nothing but guilt. Why should I feel guilty if he did the same thing?

"You aren't supposed to be in here." I wiped the excess water off my face.

"Neither was Theodore Nott." He amusingly started walking towards me.

I stood there, staring at him. Hoping he didn't see it written all over my face. That this entire act was working.

"Wanna tell me what that's about?" He looked down on me, But I was too guilt-ridden to answer. "No Mattheo. Don-" I was cut off by a buzzing feeling in my head. It hurt.

It felt as if I was getting hit in the head, in the same spot, multiple times with a brick.

The feeling eventually stopped after a few seconds. Mattheo smiled to himself, shaking his head from side to side. Before rolling his tongue on the inside of the cheek. Looking at me with Disbelief.

"Oh come on, you didn't think-" He cut me off, "Think what? Think that you were cable of moving on?" He began to pace.

"Mattheo, you were caught in bed with Morgan." I crossed my arms, he ignored me.

He continued pacing, looking at the floor.

"Or did you forget?" I followed his gaze.

"No Gaia. I didn't forget, even though I wanted to. I never meant for you to-" I cut him off, "To what? Find out you were fucking someone else?"

"You don't understand." He whispered, "Then enlighten me, Mattheo Riddle. Tell me why you fucked her. What, was I not good enough?" I scoffed, grabbing my jacket.