22

|| The housekeeper ||

MATTHEO;
From the first time I could remember my father never showed me any sign of love or concern. I never knew my mother, not fully. Bellatrix has played the "I am your mother, Theo." trick on me for far too long. At the young age of thirteen, I remember for my birthday I wanted nothing more but to finally use one of the unforgivable curses. My father brought in a male deatheater who'd messed up on one of the missions. The halfbreed quivered in front of me, looking up at me in a "He's only thirteen, he wouldn't dare hit me with one of the curses." My father gave me permission to choose any curse I wanted. Nothing excited me more than to use the beautiful, green, light flashing curse.

As soon as my father gave me the look of reassurance I shot the curse, and it flashed the room green. Bellatrix laughed so loudly in the background, and my father quickly shut her up. I could understand why, it was taking all the joy out of the killing as soon as she opened her filthy mouth.

"Brilliant job, Theo." Bellatrix pleaded, along with claps from the other death eaters who were in the room. I watched as his lifeless body thumped to the floor, adrenaline I've never experienced before flowing through my veins. A smirk appeared on my face, when looking to my father for any appearance of proudness in his face, nothing. His eyes held nothing in them, face dead, body still. I almost thought, "Did I accidentally hit him with the curse also?" He noticed my gaze for approval, and his look hardened with disappointment and disgust.

I swallowed the built up saliva and fixed my posture. That night at dinner, there was no cake. There was no presents, only next mission plots. Though this one was different. I was to be brought on this mission. Bellatrix urged my father not to bring me, that I was not ready. And if I didn't know better I'd say Bella was a bit nervous. Maybe she finally cared for me which was odd? Bellatrix Lestrange, Lord Voldemort's right hand, caring for a child? Unlikely. I prepared myself that night.

The death eaters were under my manage. My father made me head leader of the group mission that night. It was no doubt when we came back the disappointment and anger he had with him when he noticed I failed. The pain I endured that night was brutal. But it was the night I learned to never get cross with my father. That night, when I took the pain I realized, he was never my father, he was just Lord Voldemort. Even as much as I hated it, it was the brutal honest truth.

Every death eater respected me because I was Lord Voldemort's son, not because they feared me or wanted to respect me. And nothing ever angered me more. Everyone just brushed over on me, how could I prove myself? An thirteen year old should never go through this you may think. And you can think that if you pity me, even though I hate to be pitied. I know no thirteen year old should be killing, be apart of a terroist group, and be so cruel. But look who is my father? It's all I've ever known. Violence, Power, and Death. I am to never be seen as weak, powerless, or low. Today I would prove myself to the deatheaters and my father.

That night I received a new piece of jewelry for my fathers freak of a horcrux collection. Helga Hufflepuff's cup. If only he knew what I had to go through to get that silly little cup, killing not one, but two of my own kind. The only thing that worried me, was I did not care at all that they were dead. I didn't feel greed, grief, or regret. At this time, I was near fourteen years old, maybe I'd matured. Maybe I've inherited most of my fathers traits. Which was one of my greatest fears, to be as cruel, power hungry, and cold as he was. Sometimes I wonder dearly how I was created. If my father hates Bellatrix with everything in his cold, black, tiny heart. How could she ever love someone like him? Bellatrix was no good person but even she did, deserve someone more than Tom Riddle.

When I hit the bare age of sixteen I was told I was going to be sent to Hogwarts, for another mission. This mission would be different, I was to get close with one of the students named Gaia Revine. To do everything in my power to maker her fall in love with me. To eventually get into her mind and find who her mother is. Know her from the inside out. To do what ever it takes to make her believe truly, I loved her.

The night before I left my father warned me, that this was only a mission. That Gaia is tricky and she can trick me easily. My father knew Gaia's mother and would stop at nothing to know her again. To find wherever and whomever she was with. My father never expressed his feelings if he even ever had any, but this woman seemed very important to him. Bella's eyes lingered with guilt and jealousy.

"Of course father." Was all that managed to get out, Bellatrix eyed me along with the other deatheater's, some seemed more nervous than ever. I mean I would understand why. Me, the son of Lord Voldemort and Bellatrix Lestrange being sent to Hogwarts who was ran by Dumbledore.

"Mattheo, be careful. If you manage to not complete-" Bella was cut off with the raise of my father's hand silencing her. The room went quiet for a few seconds all one could hear was the crackling of the fire that was roaring green. The death eaters who were in the room were sent out to prepare my things.

Our maid was called in, Francisca.

"He will complete this mission." He spoke in a demanding tone, sending Nagini to wrap around my legs. Ive always had a love hate relationship with Nagini, ever since I was a little boy.

"Would you mind sending Mattheo to the port-key, my darling Francisca" My father teased our maid with a bit of sarcasm to the end of his sentence. Francisca, nodded and led me to the port-key. The entire way there all could think was, why she seemed so nervous, she fiddled with her fingers nervously. "Fran, are you alright?" I asked confused.

"Be safe, and come back to me." The older lady said in between held in sobs. She pulled me into a tight hug before I could even begin to answer. She hugged me tightly and I could feel my top getting a bit damp. I had no sympathy for anyone, but Fran was different. I told Fran everything and she would take care of me every time my father would use the Crucio curse on me.

"I will." I whispered rubbing her back. And I meant exactly what I said, I would always come back to Fran. She was the one person who I truly cared for and will always care for.