21

|| The five stages ||

Alright, maybe I was possibly being a bit dramatic. Come on now writing the dark lord? The most powerful, ruthless, scariest wizard of all time.

Mattheo would murder me himself.

Come on Gaia, Mattheo must've had a plan he couldn't just up and leave everything that we had. Well technically speaking there wasn't much, besides me just being his fuck toy.

I mean, maybe he'd be back soon, telling me he found a way just for it to be me and him. Just the two of us, alone.

But I pushed that thought away, it was just me thinking about fairytales.

Things that can not exist.

So I lay there tossing and turning, giving all the pros and cons on what would happen if I followed through with this ridiculous plan. I would have to give up Enzo, Daphne, Pansy, Blaise, all of them. Would it all be worth it? Would it be worth it just for him?

**********************

"Gaia" I heard a faint voice say, but I was too half-asleep to open my eyes, "Gaia" the voice called out more urgent this time.

"Hmm?" That was all that I managed to say until I felt fingers run through my hair, almost as if these fingers knew my hair, where all the tangles were, and where all my soft spots were.

"I'll come back for you, I promise it." The voice whispered, a hot breath leading down my neck.

I sprang up gasping for air as if all of a sudden all the air in my lungs had gone. "Mattheo?" I called out in the morning air, to only be left to see nothing. I squinted my eyes, the morning light almost blinding me. "Mattheo?" I called out a little louder this time.

Rubbing my eyes, I rubbed the back of my neck, where I had felt a warm feeling.

It's just your imagination. I mean we were literally on the verge of writing the dark lord last night, it's normal to have a nightmare, or rather more a realistic dream about, your ex-lover?

Right?

"Mate, if you want to admit it or not, something is wrong with her," Blaise whispered loudly.

"Could you blame her? she was head over heels for him, and he just up and left her out of nowhere, with no expectation." Daphne defended and smacked his arm harshly.

"Screaming his name in the middle of the night isn't normal." Pansy, plopped on the couch snacking on cookies.

I heard every remark they said, from Daphne hitting Blaise for calling me out to Pansy going on about how I might be a death eater. Blaise wasn't wrong, it was the truth I will admit, but what got to me is how Enzo was just completely silent.

Or was he eve-

"Eavesdropping is we love?" Enzo opened the door for the both of us, giving me a cocky yet warm smirk.

All suddenly the room went quiet.

"Oh come on, continue. Keep saying how you believe she was a death eater. It's my favorite part." Enzo said as he took one of the cookies Pansy held still in her hand.