The secret

Chapter 36

Keeping diary was the lamest thing a person could do, was what Shrimayi felt about the concept of scribbling a day's happening over a piece of paper.

The process was utterly boring.

If you like something, say it to the person directly. If you hate something say it upfront too.

She didn't understand all the fuss about sulking on some pages where the communication was just one way.

It wasn't like the diary was going to say."Oh your day was bad. Let me give a hug or you were pushed by your classmate in a puddle, Let's take care of that despicable kid. "

However it just takes one fine day or even a fine moment,to have a change of heart about things you believe in.

Sometimes a moment makes you fall in love with a fashion trend you hated with all your heart.

Sometimes a movie you didn't love at first go, becomes one of your favorites.

Shrimayi concluded she was going through one such moment right now.

She had intruded on her husband's privacy and was turning page after page in his personal diary.

At first, she was going to slam it close and she almost did.

However the temptation won over all her good manners.

His diary was like an entrance to his mind. As if the words he wrote were some gaming cheat-codes that let her access the secret emotions buried somewhere deep down inside him.

She laughed at some entries and surprisingly could relate to a few. His writing style was so intriguing and his handwriting, a graphical poem in itself. She wanted to stop reading but she just couldn't.

She read about his first day in junior college where he had to hide from someone named Omkar.

Unfortunately the latter found him in washroom and guilt-tripped him in going to some movie which turned out to be total chic-flic.

She read the entry where he was fawning over some beautiful silver oak tree in their college premise. She paused for a while to recollect if there was any such tree and finally she remembered.

It was near the science department of their college building. She and her friends hung out at the spot under the same tree almost everyday. However, only Shreerang could find beauty in mundane things of life.

He had also written about the time he first saw her and that is when she realised how vulnerable he was feeling that day.

Dear Diary,

There is a moment in a person's life, where his whole existence on earth is questioned by his heart.

Like how could he breath before he fell in love?

How could his days were spent not feeling worthless and empty without that one person ?

The moment, I saw her I had same questions.

How did I go by life without knowing someone like her existed before?

How could my heart beat at this rate? As if announcing to the whole world that I was a goner as soon as my eyes found her.

Rain always brings me joy but today it brought me a reason to fall in love.

A reason named Shrimayi.

The Refused Proposal- Ongoingजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें