The angry husband

Chapter 19

A lie is like a cheese in the mousetrap it lures you right into the troubles you were running away from.

Shrimayi felt just like a mouse trapped inside a cage when she realised her husband had called out her bluff. But don't they say you are not guilty until proven so she decided to act naive.

"What are you talking about? I told you i went to the movie."

"Oh really. I got a call from your bestfriend this afternoon, telling me how she had to cancel our meeting for tomorrow because she left for Poland this morning. Unless your friend has a unique superpower of being at two places, the same time, I don't think i can buy that lie of yours."He said fixing his eyes on her.

She couldn't beat the facts he had just thrown in her face but she decided she have had enough of the interrogation lately.

"Whatever. I am leaving."

"Not so soon woman. Stay where you are."Shreerang yelled on top of his voice.

Shrimayi flinched at tone of his voice.

She wasn't used to anyone raising their voice at her like that. She tried to act normal but her heart started beating faster.

Ninad got up and tried to keep his bestfriend's anger in check.

"Ranga calm down. We can talk it out."

"Don't you dare tell me to calm down."He warned and turned his attention to Shrimayi again.

"Why?"He asked her.

She only averted her eyes in response.

"Why?"He asked again.

"You have some misunderstanding clearly."She said.

"Misunderstanding?"He banged his feast on the table.

This made her take a step back.

"Ninad show me that camera."He demanded.

Ninad didn't budge at first but he had to give in when he noticed the no-nonsense look his friend had given him. He handed the digital camera reluctantly to Shreerang. The latter almost snatched it and clicked few buttons.

"You still think i have misunderstood the situation then what's this Shrimayi Paranjpe?"

He showed her pictures of herself near the entrance of the jail. He kept scrolling through few more. The last one was taken when she had hugged Anvay.

She felt angry after looking at the pictures. She hadn't even properly absorbed the bliss the visit had brought her and here was this man ready to ruin it all.

"So you hired your bestfriend to spy on me?"

"I wasn't spying and i didn't take those pictures either. It was one of our news paper photographers who happened to visit the jail for his story."He elaborated.

"Ninad you don't own any explanation to a liar."Shreerang remarked.

"And what are you suddenly? A moral police? Turning my bestfriend against me and using yours to follow me around the town. How could you stoop so low?"She accused.

"Oh look who is talking about morals?"He made a scathing remark at her.

His friend tried intervening the situation.

He was also shocked when he saw the pictures. The photographer was so enthusiastic to send it to printing. It was definitely a miracle how this pictures had fallen into his hands instead of the editor who did page three stuff. The latter was apparently on a sick leave.