The only hiccup

Chapter 21

"The Play will start exactly at 4.30."Shreerang reminded his mother as he pressed some keys on his laptop.

He had decided to work from home.

He wasn't going to miss how miserably his wife fails at impressing his mother.

Shrimayi loved drama, he decided he would give her just that.

"I know. I wouldn't want to be late. My favorite Kaustubh stars in it."Vasanti said overflowing with excitement. She laid out few of her sarees on the sofa, in the living room.

She wanted Shrimayi's help in deciding what to wear for the outing with her friends.

"What will your Pati parmeshwar* say if he hears you?"Shreerang remarked just to tease her.

"Ranga! He is like my son. I am not gonna crush over him like some teenager. Although I can't say the same about Medha. You remember last time we met that actor backstage after the play. She didn't let any of us talk to him. She kept going on and on about how she was his biggest fan ever."She reminisced shaking her head.

Shreerang chuckled as the memory of the incident played across his mind. He was distracted by the beeping tone of a push notifications he received on his phone. One of his classmates from school days, had sent him a friend request on Facebook. He accepted it immediately. He was scrolling through his feeds when something caught his eye.

"Mai Kaustubh Mohite just posted something on fb."

He was now looking at the Facebook page of Balgandharva. He followed the page for notifications for their cultural and art related events.

"Show me the picture?"

He showed his mother the post from said actor in which the theater page was tagged.

"He looks handsome off screen too, doesn't he?"His mother gushed.

"More handsome than me?"he asked narrowing his eyes at her.

"Nope. My son is the most handsome man in the world."

She added."or atleast that's what mothers are supposed to say."

He fake-pouted in response and got back to his work.

"Why does the page say check in- Balgandharva?"Vasanti asked still looking at the post.

"Because he just checked into the theatre."

"Oh my god! He reached the theatre also? I need to hurry up."with this she started calling Shrimayi frantically.

The latter showed up from the kitchen looking confused.

"Yes Mai?"

"Beta help me in choosing a saree please?"

"The magenta one would look good on you."She replied.

"My earrings wouldn't go with all the silver bordering though."Vasanti reckoned.

"Mai you go get changed. I have a set of earrings that would go perfectly with your outfit. I will bring them to your room."

She agreed to her daughter-in-law's suggestion immediately and sprung into action.

Shreerang was watching Shrimayi from the corners of his eyes all this while. He could tell she was nervous. She kept fidgeting with her hands more than often.

Did she really had best of intentions behind the tea party she was planning to throw for his mother,he mused.

He scoffed at himself for trying to find good in a person like Shrimayi Paranjpe. She would never be so generous towards anyone unless and until it benefitted her in some way.