The zebra

Chapter 28

'Fitfolks' was just like any contemporary gym.

The building was mostly made of glass. The huge dumbbell carved out of metal gave an illusion of a dent on the building, sticking halfway in the air.

Shrimayi and Shreerang entered the gym building and headed towards registration desk quietly.

She filled the form and was about to make the payment with her credit card when her husband stopped her.

He turned to the receptionist.

"Abhigya update my membership to couples,will you?"

The lady who was around their age or maybe older than a year or two, smiled at him in agreement.

She took the credit card from him and hovered it over the machine.

"You don't have to pay."Shrimayi protested while looking at the receptionist so she would stop the payment.

"I am already late for my workout session. Please don't argue."He said tapping his sneaker clad foot on the floor impatiently.

"Let your husband spend money. You just chill and enjoy our rejuvenating classes."She said with a genuine smile.

"Right. You will side with her, Mrs.Verma."He said jokingly.

The receptionist chuckled at his words.

Shrimayi watched the exchange between the two.

Her husband behaved so freely around here compared to when he was home. She would have never deemed him to be a people person.

He noticed her standing there in silence and decided to help.

"Where is her Zumba class?"He asked Abhigya.

"Oh! The floor just above us."The latter replied.

Shirmayi thanked her and was soon on her way to the said floor.

He stood in his place till she ascended the stairs and disappeared behind the turn.

"Your wife is so pretty."The receptionist commented as she noticed him watching her.

"I am getting late. Bye."He yelled over his shoulder, halting their conversation before she would start fangirling about his wife.

He wasn't against talking to the lady but she talked non-stop about anything that crossed her mind.

He wanted to work out and get thoughts of his wife out of his head. Thoughts that mostly comprised of the worry he felt on her behalf about her new surroundings.

Will she make friends?

She definitely would.

Someone extraordinary like her would never have to worry about that,he thought.

But he hadn't failed to notice the underlying nervousness she was trying to cover up with her silence. May be he had just imagined it.

It was odd, being with her anywhere outside their home.

He shook off all the thoughts about his better half before he would end up doing something stupid.

Like showing up at the door of her class just to check on her.

He had to distract himself and the newly installed gym equipment was calling his name.

%%%%

Shrimayi felt excited after meeting other people in the class.