The happy ending

A/N: This chapter deals with some violent themes. Readers discretion is required.

Chapter 41

As soon as the old cafe building came in his sight, he smiled despite his grumpy mood.

The goodwill cafe sign was hanging on the entrance. Flocks of customers went in and out.

The smell of boiling tea and buttery bun maska made him nostalgic. It had been years since he visited this place.

Last time it was with his friends when they were only teenagers.

He walked inside and found the person he was scheduled to meet.

He knew he was crossing a line here but he needed to know certain things or he would lose his head.

Pravita waved at him from the table she was sitting at.

It was right in the middle of the cafe.

They greeted each other and settled down in their respective seats.

"You sounded worried over phone. Is Maya okay?"She asked.

"She is fine. How long since you know each other?"He asked but was cut off by the waiter who brought some snacks.

"I ordered already. Hope you don't mind."She said with a small smile.

"No problem. One coffee for me please."He told the waiter once he was done setting the food on the table.

"We went in different circles at school. Shrimayi and I didn't see an eye to eye in fifth standard. One day we were casted in a mythological play as vanar sena. We are inseparable since then. I mean we were atleast."She said a tinge of sadness made it's way on her features.

"So when did you come to Pune?"He asked before taking a sip of his amazing coffee.

"After my boards. Dad got a posting here in the city so we all moved along with him. He was military officer."She revealed.

"No way! My dad is an ex service man too."

"Seriously?"She asked in an excited manner.

"So should we call this an army brats Reunion?"

"We could."He grinned.

They talked about their experience of moving from one city to another and to all the places they got to visit over the years.

"So did you guys patch up?"

The smile from her face was now gone."Nope. We are still not talking."

"I could talk to her if you want but she is not going to listen to me."He said letting out a sigh.

"Once she has made her mind about something or someone, she never listens to anyone."Pravita said as she smiled at him.

"She is so stubborn."He said.