The playlist mishap

Chapter 53

In Indian culture, Mehendi has a significant importance. It is believed that the deeper the colour of Mehendi, the deeper runs, your partner's love for you.

But could a thing as fickle as love be measured by such parameters? Only time would tell.

Karmarkar household was abuzz with Guests preparing for Mehendi ceremony. Some of them were feasting on breakfast while some were having a meltdown about their outfit choices. A light burning smell was filled in the living room since one of Shreerang's uncle had burnt his wife's saree by keeping the iron on it for too long. The latter was in state of hyperventilation.

The teenagers had started an impromptu photo session on sofas to let the world know about their OOTDs. The boomers(as they were referred by household teens) kept shooting them look of disapproval every now and then as some sort of unanimous decision.

In the meantime, Shrimayi was getting ready in her room.

She was wearing a Sharara in Rama green colour which had prints going all over. Her hair was styled in a half bun on the top while she kept the rest of it open. She had added a dainty hair accessory made of pearls which accentuated the bun.

She was trying to tie a neck piece but her shoulders still ached from her yesterday's excursion

Shreerang noticed her struggle and wanted to help but didn't know if she would like it.

She decided to abandon the whole idea of wearing the necklace. She threw the article on the dressing table in frustration.

It was such a shame, he thought since the accessory looked beautiful on her.

"I can help."He offered meekly.

"What?"She asked, totally confused.

"With the necklace."He prompted.

"Oh...okay."She agreed.

To tell the truth, he was a bit surprised. He hadn't expected her to agree so easily.

He walked towards her and stood behind.

She passed him the heavy necklace, their fingers brushing in the process.

Then she stood waiting for him to get on with the task.

Unfortunately, he was struggling due to a mass of tangled web, the layered necklace had turned into.

When Shrimayi turned around to know what was the matter, she saw panic in his eyes.

She pressed her lips trying to hold back the bubbling laughter.

"Here. Let me."with that she said helping him to quicken the process.

He heaved a sigh of relief when the necklace was de-tangled at last, ready to be worn."Finally."