The escaped senoritas

Chapter 38

The club was located far away from a the main road.

"Are you sure we are not lost Urvi?"Shrimayi asked while her friend drove them through dense forest.

"How come you don't know about this place M? It's one of the hottest clubs in your city."

Then she quickly added. "Nothing can beat the night life in Europe though. The club scenes over there are crazy. For now we will have to make do with a local one. My friend kept going gaga over it the other day. She is not a punekar but even she knows about this place while you don't."Urvi said flipping her hair around as they kept coming on her face while driving.

"I don't go out much."Shrimayi confessed looking at the wildflowers on the side of road.

He would know their names, she thought but then scoffed at herself for thinking about him.

He was avoiding her on purpose yet her mind went back to him like an abundant puppy to it's owner's house.

The poor soul didn't realise it was left there for a reason.

"Yeah. You are suddenly a domestic goddess."

Urvi's snide remarks brought her back from her reverie.

"Will you stop please?"Shrimayi urged.

She had already started, regretting her company.

There are times in your life when you actually wonder about your decision making skills in the past. Like what were you thinking when you decided to be friends with certain type of people. The type that constantly questions your each and every action.

Make you feel inadequate.

Never were the ones to hype you up during your wins but bought VIP tickets to witness your doom.

That's pretty much a teenager's life in a nutshell.

Shrimayi's mind took her back to her accounting classes days where she was a new girl and everyone had already formed groups. A girl sitting in the back signalled her to come and sit with her during the break.

The former had confidently introduced herself as Urvashi Jamwal.

At first, Shrimayi was thankful for the offer but then she realised Urvashi had some flaws just like her and rest of the humankind.

But some of them waved at her like flashlights in concerts.

Urvashi was mean to others and constantly criticised other batchmates' dressing style. She looked down on people who weren't as rich as her. When Shrimayi started standing up for those she ill-mouthed, she was reminded of how Urvashi was the one who had come to her rescue on the first day of coaching.

And then came a day, when another girl with a same name as her friend, joined the classes. The very next day Urvashi announced that she wasn't Urvashi anymore.

She was to be called Urvi by everyone.

Shrimayi thought her friend was taking things too far but refrained from saying anything. If a change in name was going to make Urvashi happy then she was happy for her.