The pinga

Chapter 44

The drone in the sky kept hovering over Shrimayi Villa capturing the swarm of colourful attires and the asthetic decoration in the front yard.

The place was covered in marigold flowers and too many traditional lamps.

The professional group Sumitra had booked had arrived an hour ago

The professional group Sumitra had booked had arrived an hour ago. The ladies from the group were famous around Pune for hosting Mangalagauri events.

They had planned games and so many interesting activities for all.

The winners were going to receive various prizes as well.

Shrimayi felt her mother had gone a little overboard with the arrangements.

She noticed her mother doing the traditional pinga* dance and couldn't help but chuckle.

Not because she was bad at it but because of how competitive she was being with another lady. It felt like some intense dance off.

Her mother seemed to be enjoying herself.

"Kaku is killing it."Gauravi's voice took her attention away from Sumitra.

Her cousin weaved her hand around her shoulder."Why are you not challenging me to a game? Scared you will lose."

"I am taking a breather."She excused.

"Is something bothering you?"

"Nope."Shrimayi quipped.

"I can read you like a book and currently the cover is loudly screaming for help."Gauravi said taking her hand and giving it a little squeeze.

"We had a huge fight. Shreerang and I."

"What was it about?"

Shrimayi was about to reveal the reason but stopped herself.

She couldn't let her cousin know about her secret. She would be so angry at Anvay. It was all in the past anyway.

Also She didn't want one more person questioning her life choices. Her husband was enough.

"Let's play that game. It looks interesting."with this Shrimayi dragged her cousin along with her. The latter shot her a suspicious look but got distracted as the woman conducting game started giving them instructions.

%%%%%

Netra looked around her and was filled with contempt.

She had been enjoying her life since couple of months but there was her niece again,charming everyone with her presence.

All ladies praised Shrimayi as if she was the centre of the universe. Even her friends were going gaga over her.

That's why she felt a need to be alone.