Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Elly’s Point of View

I winced as the sound of Zayn’s phone woke me from my sleep. He groaned from beside me and brought his arm up from around my waist to answer the call.

“Hello?” he murmured in his deliciously-husky morning voice.

I rolled over to face him, my eyes drifting lazily down his naked chest as he listened to whoever had decided to call at such a ridiculously early time.

“Really Paul? You call me now to remind me about a stupid dinner that doesn’t start until four?” Zayn complained, moving one of his hands to cover his eyes.

“What do you mean it’s two already?” Zayn snorted, before glancing around my room to search for a clock. I pointed to where it was positioned on the wall above my window and blinked in surprise. “Shit, you’re right.” He frowned, rolling out of bed and running his hand through his messy hair.

“Yeah, yeah.” He replied to whatever Paul had told him. “I’m with Elly at the moment.”

I watched him as he rummaged through the drawer in my dresser, which I’d dedicated to his clothes. He’d spent more time here than his own apartment during the past couple of weeks, so it just made sense for him to have some clean clothes here. People would start getting suspicious if he kept on turning up to rehearsals wearing the same clothes.

“Mmhm,” he murmured into the phone, trying to put a shirt on one handed. I couldn’t help but giggle at his failed attempt and he made a face at me. I stood up from the bed, and walked up towards him, pulling the sleeve over his shoulder and doing up the buttons for him. Zayn gave me a lopsided smile as he switched his mobile from one hand to another.

“Yeah okay,” he spoke into the phone, “I won’t be late. Bye.”

“What was that about?” I asked, as his arm came around my bare waist and pressed me against him, his lips ghosting along my neck and I shivered.

“There’s a charity dinner, dance thing.” Zayn murmured against my neck, “and I don’t have anyone to dance with …” he trailed off suggestively. His lips slowly moved from my throat to meet my own and my fingers dug into the material of his shirt, pulling him as close to me as possible.

“Will you go with me?” he asked, as we pulled apart for air.

I raised an eyebrow in confusion. “You mean like a date?” This would be stepping over the fine line we’d created in our relationship. I’d tried to make it clear that we were just friends with benefits because I really, really, really did not want to be in a relationship right now.

He shrugged, but I could see the disappointment in his eyes at my refusal. “Whatever really. Just friends?”

“Yeah, okay. Sounds fun!” I said enthusiastically, hoping I hadn’t hurt Zayn’s feelings too much. “What should I wear?”

Zayn released me from his arms so he could continue dressing. “Something smart,” he told me. “Choose a random dress, it’ll look lovely on you anyway.” He smirked.

I rolled my eyes at him but smiled at his compliment, before pulling on one of his shirts to walk into the living room where I presumed Katy would be. She glanced up from her laptop as she watched me walk into the room and gave me a small smile.

“I wondered if you were ever coming out of there,” she smirked, before turning back to her emails.

“Didn’t get much sleep last night.” I sniggered and Katy shook her head in mock disgust.