Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Ella’s Point of View

I grinned as an unmistakable Irish voice called my name as I stood waiting for the bus to pick me up outside of my college. I looked across the road and saw Niall waving at me from inside his car, I happily ran across to meet him.

“Are you busy like…right now?” he asked with one of his beautiful grins.

I laughed, “No, I was just going home.”

“Do you want to come back to my apartment?” he questioned. “The new album is completely finished and we’re allowed to let friends and family hear it now!”

I couldn’t help but squeal in excitement. I had been looking forward to the new album for months, and it still wouldn’t be released to the rest of the public for weeks. “Yes please!”

He grinned at me, and reached across the car to open the passenger door.  “Get in then!” he told me and I happily obeyed, walking round the front of the car and sliding in next to him.

I spent the next couple of hours with him, listening to all the songs on the new album and even getting a sneak peek at the new music video they have half completed. I couldn’t believe how my luck had changed since the day when I stood outside the hotel waiting for a glimpse of my favourite boy band. It seemed I’d only just arrived when Niall gave me a lift back to my house. I knew that it was getting late and I did have work to do before tomorrow.

I pushed open the front door of my house with a huge smile on my face. Who couldn’t be happy after spending yet another evening with Niall Horan?! He hadn’t strictly asked me out or gone on a date with me, but I knew it would just be a matter of time…unless he decided to friend-zone me of course. I shut the door behind me with a bang, knowing that I had the house to myself. I wasn’t allowed out in the evenings on a school night, especially as my AS Level exams were coming up, but my parents both worked full time. They wouldn’t be home until later.

A throat being cleared in the corner of the room made me whirl around and my eyes widened when I realised it was my mum. Fantastic. She had to choose tonight of all nights to come home early.

“Where exactly have you been for the past three hours?” she snapped at me.

“You came home three hours early?” I asked timidly, deliberately avoiding the question.

“Yes, I wanted to surprise you when you got home from college. I know we haven’t been spending enough time as a family recently, with both your dad and I working longer hours.” She frowned across at me, and I hated to see her disappointment.

“Oh.” I replied, unsure what to say.

“Where were you, young lady?” she repeated.

“Just with some friends.” I shrugged, making my way upstairs to my bedroom, hoping that she’d drop the subject.

“Don’t walk away when I’m talking to you, Ella!” My mum frowned and I sighed, pausing where I was halfway up the stairs. “You know the rules we put in place for a reason. At weekends and Friday nights you are welcome to go out with your friends but your education is important! How will you be able to support yourself if you don’t get any qualifications?”

I had to fight against the urge to roll my eyes. My parents were very protective of me, and if they knew I’d been spending time with a member of a famous boy band member they really would be worried. The publicity and the hate I would likely get would make them extremely unhappy.

“I’m doing well in all my classes, mum.” I told her truthfully.

“Just wait until your dad gets home,” she sniffed at me and I turned away from her.