Chapter 8: True feelings

Sasuke’s POV

"Sasuke-kun, what are you doing?" asked Sakura.

"I’m trying to call that lazy bastard."

"Oh, well. We don't have to hurry, it's only 7 pm. The night is still young."

"You are right." Sasuke put down his phone.

"By the way, Sasuke-kun, it’s really nice from you that you made this party, even though it’s out of your character. I won't see myself with a lot of people all summer. Even with you…" Sakura said sadly.

"Why do you think that? Coincidences are quite common. We can actually meet everywhere."

"I didn't mean that, I'm going to a special course for those interested in surgery in the summer. It will be an educational program on anatomy. I want to take this chance."

"I see, so you’ll be gone…" I muttered.

"Did you say something?"

"Never mind, do you want something to drink?"

"Yeah, I want water with lemon."

"All right." After learning that from Sakura, I already had clear plans for the summer. I'm just going to train to be ready. Ready not to be kidnapped or manipulated. I'm just listening to Itachi. I respect only him. I hope Naruto does the same. We don't have that much time. Only 3 years left...

I drank juice. I don't want to end up like then. Suddenly I felt the warmth of someone's hand.

"I'm sorry I won't see you all summer. That's why I have to tell you one more time…" Sakura took a deep breath.

"You already know my feelings for you, don't you? But I still have to repeat them to you. You always avoided me and pushed me away and I haven't received any answer yet, so I still have a chance, right?" I don't know what she means, but I probably know where it's going.

"Sasuke-kun, I love you. And this will not change. My love is true. It's not because of your appearance or your intelligence. I like that you were the first to notice Naruto. Even though I was the evil queen then. You didn't care who said what and even got closer to Hinata. More than to me. I saw it. You love your family and respect your brother. When I saw it, I realized that I should treat my parents better. You didn't even have to tell me anything. I just saw it on you. After I opened my eyes... But I understand you don't care about me. I'm just annoying, right?" She said it with a smile on her face. I sometimes think so too, but how can she think this of herself? That's not what Naruto thinks either.

"You… are not annoying, Sakura. You were, that’s true, but now everything’s different. Finally, you no longer think only of me, but also of yourself. You already have your goals clear and you want to pursue them… Do you want an answer? Then I'll show you…"

And then I kissed her. That’s right. She was shocked. Then she blushed. Tears streamed from her eyes. She didn't expect it, but neither did I. If it weren't for Naruto, I would never realize it.

But Sakura means more to me than I thought. She's someone who's still interested in me, even though I've ignored her so many times and I've always been so cold to her… That also aroused those feelings in me. I pulled off.

"S-Sasuke-kun…" Her beautiful green eyes twinkled. I smirked.

"You should be happy." She hugged me.

"I’m so, so happy!" She leaned her head against me… We stood there for a while.