Chapter 7: Goodbye, Hinata

... Two weeks later

Hinata’s POV

Today we are moving to Tokyo. I would like to see him again. At least once. If I could tell him it would be the same in three years, but he might suspect I had something to do with Obito… He's really smart. I packed my suitcases. Neji-nii-san took care of Hanabi. She was shocked, too, but she agreed. She didn't mind transferring to another school.

I'm glad she takes it that way. In addition, our grandmother Hito will live there with us… At least I won't have to worry so much about Hanabi. I will visit the school tomorrow. They need to check on me. My experience. They only take the best. I have to be prepared.

I also wrote to Ino-chan and TenTen-chan that I'm leaving. We said goodbye together yesterday. We really enjoyed it. They were sad about it, but they were happy for me. As for Sakura-chan. I haven't told her yet. I know she's on a course in Tokyo right now. I hope to meet her there and be able to say goodbye to her in person…

"Hinata-sama, it’s time…" Neji-nii-san called me.

"Of course!" I smiled. It hurts, but I'm not just doing it for myself. Sometimes big sacrifices are needed. That's what I learned. I can't be selfish and endanger the whole of Japan. But I really want to see him again. Hug him, kiss him and tell him everything will be fine in three years… But when I got in the car, I thought I saw him. I saw him running. Is that really him? He's probably training, isn't he?

"Okay, so we can go… Hinata-sama? Hinata-sama-?!" I got out of the car.

"Nee-sama?" I ran after him. I have to see him. I have to tell him one more time.

"All right, Naruto, this is enough. Here is a bottle of watter." Naruto-kun drank it. He looked much stronger. I smiled. I trust him. I believe they won't get him!

"Naruto-kun!!" I yelled. He must notice me. Then it would be too late.

"H-Hinata?" He stared at me. Like a ghost. But then he was sad.

"Naruto-kun." I smiled. I caught up with him. Jiraiya-san smirked and was leaving.

"Naruto, I'm going to do my research, stay here," he said and left. He understood that I wanted to talk to him alone. He's really great.

"So… what are you doing here?" he asked.

"I wanted to say goodbye, Neji-nii-san is waiting for me."

"Say goodbye? Are you leaving today?" I nodded.

"I'm really sorry, but then, then we can be together again! Just wait for me…"

"Wait… wait for you?! Do I still have a chance?!"

"Of course! I have a reason for breaking up with you, but remember that I will always love you!" I blushed. He was shocked.

"Hinata…" He hugged me.

"I, I really thought I lost you-ttebayo…"

"You’ll never lose me."

"Then why are you leaving?" I was sad.

"I told you. I’m doing it for my dream. For our dream."

"Our dream?" I nodded.

"When you become the head of the FBI, a secret agent will come in handy, right?" I smiled.

"So that’s why… You really believe in me?"

"Of course! I'm sure you can handle it. And I'll help you with that." He was happy hearing these words.

"Hahah, this is the best day ever!" He held me tightly in his arms.

"You know what? I don’t care about our relationship as long as we are together, dattebayo!" He smiled.

"Umm!" I agreed.

"Hinata-sama…" Neji-nii-san grinned at us. Some things will never change. And I’m glad for that.

"I guess it’s time to say goodbye, right?" He stroked his head.

"Goodbye, Naruto-kun, the next time I see you, I'll really be a secret agent." I smiled.

"The same goes for me! I won’t stay behind-ttebayo!" He smiled.

"So… so…" I was nervous. What should I tell him?

"Hinata-sama! We have to go!" Ahhh! What should I do?! Naruto-kun frowned at Neji-nii-san.

"All right, I’ll let you go, but…"

"But?"

"... I want one last kiss!" He smirked. I blushed. Then I kissed him on the cheek. He was dissapointed.

"This?" I looked away.

"Neji-nii-san is watching us."

"As I care about him!!" He turned me to him and kissed me. Passionately on the lips. Now I’m blushing like a tomato! I know it! He pulled off.

"I love you, Hinata." He smiled. I blushed. Neji-nii-san took my hand.

"We have to go. Stop distracting her, Naruto!" He dragged me with him. I got in the car. But I was still watching Naruto-kun. He was sad. Neji-nii-san has already started the car. I kept watching Naruto-kun. He was getting sadder. I can't leave it like this! I opened the car window.

"I LOVE YOU TOO, NARUTO-KUN!!!" I yelled. People looked at me strangely, but I don't care now. Especially when he smiles at me one last time. He was shocked and he smiled. He laughed so clearly.

"Hinata, come back!" He waved at me. I'll be back, I'll definitely be back! He was getting further and further away, and in the end I didn't see him…

"Heheh, Nee-sama, you are really brave..."

"Hinata-sama, what did you think?" Neji-nii-san was annoyed. I blushed. What have I done?