Chapter 9: The End of Summer

Naruto’s POV

I trained all day today. Hinata is gone. She hasn't even written to me yet. Maybe she has her reasons or doesn't have time-ttebayo.

"Oi Naruto, you are slow!" said that old man, lying on a lounger. At the same time, he wrote a new edition of the Icha-Icha Tactics. Really, what can in that book be? He’s just sneaking on women. Suddenly a number called me. It wasn’t Hinata. It was…

"Gaara?!" I said. I picked it up.

"Hi Gaara, what is it?"

"Naruto, I have to warn you!" He sounds serious.

"About?"

"Madara, I mean boss, is collecting talking pets. He said they are dangerous and FBI have to get rid of them…"

"What?! Is Kurama in danger?!"

"Not only Kurama and the pets. The masters too. I just talked to Killer-bee, the master of Gyuki."

"Gyuki?"

"8th talking pet."

"I see. What should I do??"

"Nothing."

"What?"

"If you did anything, FBI would knew that you know it from someone. They would think they have a spy in the FBI. Just be careful and take care of Kurama. This is the best you can do…"

"Wait, Gaara!"

"Goodbye, Naruto, I have to go!"

"Gaara-!" He hang up. Damn! Now Kurama! Tss! I looked at Kurama. He was lying on Pervy Sage. I can’t allow them to take him!! And why they think they are dangerous??

"Naruto, it was about Kurama, wasn’t it?" Kurama woke up.

"He’s in danger. Gaara told me."

"Hmm, that’s bad. Naruto, you have to train harder. For yourself and for Kurama!"

"Sure thing!" I said. They won’t take him from me.

"Let’s go," he said.

"Where?" I asked.

"To my secret basement. It’s a small building. I’ve never told anyone about it, but now it’s the right time. Naruto, in that basement I was training when I was working for FBI. There are different types of guns. And other weapons. I also have various poisons there. But they are useless."

"Huh? Why?"

"Do you think that if Obito really captured you, he would leave you weapons? You can't get to poisons…"

"Then why am I learning to shoot when it’s useless?"

"Baka, you can take the weapon from the guards, but you can hardly take the poison from them."

"I see… That’s so complicated, dattebayo…"

"Don’t worry, Naruto, I will protect you even at the cost of my life!"

"Don’t say this, Pervy Sage! A life without you would be boring, wouldn’t be?" I smirked. He stroked my head.

"You are right. Plus, someone has to deal with those troubles for you, heheh." He smiled. Stupid pervert. I’m not a troublemaker.

... Weeks passed and passed. Even the beginning of school is approaching. I haven't seen Sasuke all summer. He himself said that it would be the best for us to train now. He probably still grumbles when Sakura is gone. Crybaby. Sakura will at least return... But Hinata… I don't even know if I'll see her again. I tried to write to her, but she usually had a lot of work to do and I couldn't talk to her much. The school is probably very demanding, ahh.

At least I didn't see Neji. Finally, I don't feel like anyone wants to kill me anymore… As for Kurama, he's fine. Gaara warned me, but no one had attack us yet. They're probably really waiting for me to finish that stupid school. They know that I would know what their plan is about and manage to prepare in time. Fools. I have a lot of friends, especially Gaara, who sends me information directly from headquarters.

Gaara also told me something about Killer Bee, but he hasn't done anything serious yet. He just annoys the guard with his annoying singing. Now I feel a little sorry for them. Gaara said how terribly Killer Bee was rapping...

Sasuke, we can do it! We'll expose the criminal. We will not be caught and we will save all of the mysterious creatures! You bet! But I must not forget school. I lost Hinata, how should I not fail now?? Perhaps Sasuke will have mercy… For Shikamaru, it would be a drag… And Sakura-chan wouldn’t tutor me. She would blame me for letting Hinata go for sure. Sasuke, I'm counting on you!

...

And now my drawing...!

Happy birthday, Sarada!!! 🎉🎉🎉

I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Time skip is coming soon! 😌😌