The Fire Triangle: Book II - Chapter 3

Disclaimer: Zootopia stories, characters, settings, and properties belong to the Walt Disney Co. This story is written under Fair Use Copyright laws.

----------------------------------------------------------------

The Fire Triangle

----------------------------------------------------------------

Part Two:

Oxidizer

----------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1—A Rock and a Hard Place
(Continued...Part 3)

Chief Bogo's reaction to the doe-bunny's disclosure could be summed up in three words.

"You...did...WHAT?"

Her response to this was watching her carefully-crafted explanation pack its bags, tell her 'good luck', and fly straight out of her head. Well, if she didn't know what to say, she at least knew how to say it.

"I know sir, and I take full responsibility for..."

"Too blasted right you will..!"

"...and I'll accept any disciplinary action you may choose to take, and without question." She watched him rise up to his full height and saw his chest expand. "Hurry, before he interrupts again!" "But I picked up some extremely valuable information during that meet, sir." she added hastily, "I know what started Mr. Big's feud with the Red Pig; it goes all the way back to the Rafaj Brothers Jewelry sting; Rocco Peccari is part owner of that store."

She had no idea where that last part had come from—or if playing her ace, straight off the top of the deck had been the wisest course of action. Well-l-l, she must have done something right because a second ago, Bogo had been ready to tear her a new one. Now, he was plopped back down in his chair, looking like a mammal that's just come home to find his house repainted in electric purple.

But then his expression abruptly stiffened and he leaned across his desk, thrusting a finger at her. "Hold up, stop right there!"

"B-But sir..." Judy stammered, only to see him show her the, 'talk to the hoof' gesture.

"I want Charles to hear this." he said, swiveling in the direction of his desktop intercom.

"Charles?" the doe-bunny wondered, "Charles who?"

She got her answer when Bogo pressed the 'talk' button.

"Clawhauser, is Lieutenant Saw still in his office?"

"Uhmmm, not sure Chief," the plus size cheetah responded in an uncertain tone of voice. "Let me check." He went away for several seconds and then came back, in his usual, effervescent humor, "Yes sir, he's still here. Shall I page him?"

"Yes, have him come to my office right away." Bogo informed him. He switched off and turned back to Judy, who was lifting an ear and an eyebrow.

"Not Captain Wissent?" She asked. David Wissent, a European bison, headed the ZPD Organized Crime Unit and was Saw's superior. If what she had to say was as important as the Chief seemed to think it was, why hadn't he been summoned, too?

Bogo looked at her oddly for a second and then let out a rumbling breath and sagged a little, giving her the impression of a deflating balloon.

"Right, you've not been here for a while, have you? Captain Wissent was in a serious motoring accident last week. He's expected to recover but he'll be laid up for some time to come." He turned sideways, adding in a low mutter, "And even then, it won't be a full recovery; he might not be able to return to work at all."