The Fire Triangle: Book II - Chapter 44

Disclaimer: Zootopia stories, characters, settings, and properties belong to the Walt Disney Co. This story is written under Fair Use Copyright laws.

--------------------------------------------------------------

The Fire Triangle

--------------------------------------------------------------

Part Two:

Oxidizer

--------------------------------------------------------------

And a Happy Saint Padraig's Day to ye's all.
In honor of the occasion...

--------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 8: Everything You Know is Wrong(Part 1)

Tuesday, 09:47 ZST: ZPD Precinct 1, Savanna Central, City of Zootopia

"I won't say I've NEVER seen Bogo that ticked off," Lieutenant Perry 'Spike' Redding stirred creamer into his coffee and took a short sip, "But it was easily in the top ten; I'm just glad it wasn't me he was mad at."

On the other side of the roan antelope's desk, Detective Judy Hopps nodded and took a taste of her own coffee. Her new boss looked haggard and weary and it was no surprise. As the head of the ZPD Juvenile Division, the events of the past weekend-the ZAPA and Savanna Central riots-were clearly within his concern; the vast majority of participants, in both uprisings, had been under the age of 18.

Between the two, Lieutenant Redding was in a situation unlike anything else he'd ever had to face-or that any ZPD cop had ever had to face, truth be told.

And as if that wasn't enough, last night, a free-for-all had erupted in the Canal District. When Judy had arrived for work, it had been the talk of Precinct-1-and nobody had seemed to know any details, not even Benjamin Clawhauser, who was usually up on everything.

...Although he did have at least one interesting tidbit to impart.

"They say the Lewis kid was in that boat everybody was chasing-but nobody knows for sure, since it got away."

"..Again!" Judy had thought, but had not said. Dangit, that silver-fox kid was as slippery as an eel dipped in WD-40.

The next thing the plus-sized cheetah told her had made her ears stand up and set her nose to twitching. "We'll probably know more when the meeting's over."

"Meeting...what meeting?" the doe-bunny had asked him, thumping her foot. You didn't need to be a police detective to guess which topic they were discussing-and dangit, why hadn't she been notified?

It was Clawhauser who'd provided the answer; simply put, it was above her pay-grade. "Awww sorry Detective, but it's Precinct Captains and Division Chiefs only." He'd glanced nervously behind a shoulder and leaned out over the desktop, speaking in a conspiratorial whisper, "I-I'm not sure you'd want to be in there, anyway. Chief's not in the best of moods right now."

As he often did, the plus-size cheetah had understated the case by several degrees. In the words of Spike Redding, Bogo had been 'mad enough to eat piano wire.'