The Fire Triangle: Book II - Chapter 35

Disclaimer: Zootopia stories, characters, settings, and properties belong to the Walt Disney Co. This story is written under Fair Use Copyright laws.

---------------------------------------------------------------

The Fire Triangle

---------------------------------------------------------------

Part Two:

Oxidizer

---------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 6—The Children's Crusade
(Continued...Part 6)

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Rioting is a childish way of trying to be a man, but it takes time to rise out of the hell of hatred and frustration and accept that to be a man you don't have to riot."
Abraham Maslow

---------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, 05:47, Zootopia Museum of Natural History, Savanna Central Plaza

"Uh-huh...just like I thought."

Conor was hunched over his prize laptop, propped open on the coffee table before him. Said table was a wee bit low for his species, ditto for the chair in which he was seated. Combined with the surrounding dimness, it gave him the appearance of a monk, working by candlelight, in a scriptorium.

That was Erin Hopps's impression of him at least and now she moved behind the hunkering young silver fox, peering over his shoulder at the screen below.

What she saw required no interpretation. There, on the Zootopia Museum of Natural History Webpage, was a message in big, red text.

DUE TO UNFORESEEN EVENTS, THE MUSEUM WILL REMAIN CLOSED FOR AN INDEFINITE PERIOD OF TIME. WE WILL GIVE NOTICE OF A POSSIBLE REOPENING DATE WHEN WE HAVE MORE INFORMATION.

PATRONS ARE ADVISED TO PLEASE CHECK BACK WITH US PERIODICALLY. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE.

And below that, in smaller text, another message:

All Museum Fursonell and Employees are advised not to come in to work for the next two days.

All doors and entrances will remain locked for the duration and no access will be granted to any museum fursonell; please do not attempt to retrieve any fursonal items from the premises before that time.

We appreciate your cooperation.

The note concluded with a pair of illegible signatures.

Erin studied it for a second and then took in a breath between her teeth. "If no one else can get in, how are we supposed to get out?" She wondered for a second if the police already knew they were in here.

Conor turned and looked up at her narrowly, as if to say, 'What do you mean 'WE' rabbit?' And then he smiled and flipped a paw, "Ahhh we got IN when the place was supposed to be locked up, right? I wouldn't worry too much about it." But then his mouth stretched downward in a classic fox grimace. "Ahhh, they'll have to let SOMEBODY in before then; a place this big isn't gonna maintain itself." He stroked his muzzle for a second. "We should be okay until dark though."