The Fire Triangle: Book II - Chapter 40

Disclaimer: Zootopia stories, characters, settings, and properties belong to the Walt Disney Co. This story is written under Fair Use Copyright laws.

---------------------------------------------------------------

The Fire Triangle

---------------------------------------------------------------

Part Two:

Oxidizer

---------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 7-The Cascade Effect
(Cont'd...Part 4)

St. Bartholomeow's Hospital, Savanna Central, Zootopia -Monday. 11:37 Hours, ZST

Once again, Judy should have seen it coming.

She had expected it to be a simple errand; one-and-done. She would go to St. Bartholomeow's Hospital, have a talk with Max March, find out what the young buck rabbit knew about her sister's disappearance-and then back to Precinct-1.

No soap; almost at once, the best laid plans of bunnies and rabbits had gone completely haywire.

First up, Chief Bogo had informed her that there'd be no one available to drive her for at least another hour.. That was no great revelation, but it was still a disappointment-especially since it was useless to argue. As important as finding Erin was to her, the ZPD had only about a gajillion other things on their plate at the moment.

And then, no sooner did Judy get that news, than her cell began to buzz. It was her mother, wanting to know if she had any news about Erin.

Ohhhh boy, did she ever...and it was a task she relished about as much as getting a root canal. Luckily for the doe-bunny, mom had long since regained her composure. She accepted the news that her daughter was missing and unaccounted for with the matter-of-fact stoicism for which she had long been noted. The next thing she'd done was ask if there was anything she could do to help.

Judy had nearly said no, when a thought occurred to her. Maybe her mother could assist her-that is, if....

"Mom, hold on a second." she'd said...and then gone back in to speak to Chief Bogo. To her surprise-and relief-he had immediately given permission for her mother to serve as her driver. And so, half an hour later, mom had arrived at one of the Savanna Central Plaza checkpoints, seated at the wheel of a rental car.

She'd been devastated at the scene before her.

"Sweet cheez n' crackers, Jude...this is worse than what would have happened if the Guilfords had managed to drop that load of defoliant on the Carrot Days Dance.

Judy-who had never thought of it that way-had agreed with her mother completely.

Bonnie Hopps had never spent all that much time in Zootopia...but she was a good driver, and an even better listener.

And she had Judy for a navigator; they made the drive to St. Bart's in no time flat, and even found a parking space close to the entrance.

Great, the bunny-cop had thought, she'd be out of there before you could say...

"Ah, there you are Detective Hopps; right on time. If you can wait for me in Room D, down the hall I'll be with you in just a few minutes."

Judy's eyes pinched shut and she almost bit her tongue. Dr. Jarabal; she'd completely forgotten about her appointment with him this morning. Fortunately, she had an easy way to get out of it.