The Fire Triangle: Book II - Chapter 18

Disclaimer: Zootopia stories, characters, settings, and properties belong to the Walt Disney Co. This story is written under Fair Use Copyright laws.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The Fire Triangle

-------------------------------------------------------------

Part Two:

Oxidizer

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hey you, standing in the aisles
With itchy feet and fading smiles
Can you feel me?
Hey you, don't help them to bury the light

Don't give in without a fight

Pink Floyd

-------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 5—Meet on the Ledge
(Cont'd...Part 4)

"Erin...are you okay?"

No, not entirely...but she was getting there.

She'd made it most of the way back to her group when Cara, Jill, and Tawny caught up with her. Wondering where their friend had gotten to, they had left their seats to go look for her—and the minute they'd found her they'd known something was out of what. But that was okay; Erin she knew she could tell her girlZ anything.

"Yeah, I'm cool...except..." She glanced back over her shoulder for a second and then hunkered in close, lowering her voice to a near-whisper. "I just ran into Maximus Snobbius, down there by the stage front."

The reaction from her girlfriends was predictable.

"Baaaa-ewwwww!"

"Seriously?"

"No! WAY!"

"Yes...way." The young white-furred bunny sighed and pointed behind her. "He's got Remo with him too."

THAT came as no surprise. Out of earshot, Zack March was known by the nickname, 'Remo,' a tribute to his habit of playing Remora to his cousin's shark.

"What the heck?" Tawny's nose was twitching and her foot was thumping, "I thought he was supposed to be at soccer camp."

"He is," Cara Combs explained, "or he's close anyway. They're holding it over at Zootopia State University. Johnny told me." Johnny was her older brother—and a charter member of the Max March Detractors Club.

"Well yeah, but what heck's he doing HERE?" Jill Pepper was throwing her paws and ears in the air, "You can't just, like...take a day off from soccer camp!"

"Yeah, really," Tawny Lloyd agreed. "I'm betting he prolly snuck away. You know," she folded her arms and lifted her chin, allowing her voice to deepen. "'They won't kick ME out of soccer camp; I'm too goooood.'"

That was good for a laugh from all four girls....but only a very short one.

"'Kay, I get that, but why?" Jill demanded, still thoroughly confused. "I mean, like...why'd he come HERE, of all places?"