The Fire Triangle: Book II - Chapter 37

Disclaimer: Zootopia stories, characters, settings, and properties belong to the Walt Disney Co. This story is written under Fair Use Copyright laws.

--------------------------------------------------------------

The Fire Triangle

--------------------------------------------------------------

Part Two:

Oxidizer

--------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 7-The Cascade Effect
(Part 1)

Monday, 07:27, ZPD Precinct-1, Savanna Central, Zootopia

The insanity began while Judy was in the midst of eating her breakfast cereal and wondering if it was too early to call her mother and sister. Mom would almost certainly be up-typical farm-family matriarch-but Vi would likely still be asleep. Flipping open her laptop to check the morning newscast, she was instantly confronted by a shrill, screaming headline:

Night of Terror in Savanna Central

At once, she found that she had no appetite. And when the overhead camera-feed of Savanna Central Plaza appeared on the screen, what little food she had in her stomach threatened to perform an about-face and head back up the way it had come-never mind that rabbits are incapable of vomiting.

And that was only the beginning. Next she learned was what had triggered the riot-a cyberattack; a cyberattack followed by a mass breakout from Precinct-1 Youth Detention.

Oh sweet cheez' n crackers!

Grabbing her cell phone from the charger, Judy punched the speed-dial button for the precinct, only to run into the same recording that had stifled her sister earlier.

"We're sorry, but all circuits are busy; please try your call again, later."

No sooner did she end the call than her phone began to peel like a church-bell, informing her that a text had just arrived.

When she looked, she saw that the sender was none other than the Chief of the ZPD himself. And his message was both short and to the point:

Hopps, stay home; we've got enough bedlam here as it is. Bogo

When Judy read it, she nearly said something in a language she never, ever used. How could he expect her to stay away at a time like...?

Before she was able to complete the thought, her cell phone chimed a second time.

Hopps, come in right away. Bogo

At once the doe-bunny's mood swung from bothered to bemused, "What the HECK?" It was as if he'd never sent that first text.

Things became even more confusing when she exited the Crying Pangolin Arms and found a ZPD Cruiser waiting at the foot of the front steps. Confusing...and also not a little frightening; the hood was bent into a half-concave and the passenger door now sported a message, crudely rendered in shocking-purple spray-paint.

WER'E NOT GONA TAKE IT!

Sweet cheez n' crackers; if Bogo was willing to send a vehicle in this shape out on the streets, the situation at Precinct-1 must be even more chaotic than she'd imagined.