The Fire Triangle: Book II - Chapter 56

Disclaimer: Zootopia stories, characters, settings, and properties belong to the Walt Disney Co. This story is written under Fair Use Copyright laws.

------------------------------------------------------------

The Fire Triangle

------------------------------------------------------------

Part Two:

Oxidizer

--------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 9: Conor's Story
(Continued...Part 8)

♪ Can you feel my skin?
Can you feel my bones?
Can you put my spine in plaster and take me home?

So unpleasant, inside and out
If you like, I'll tell you about it
You wouldn't want to know

My heads full of water
Tears I never cried
Could you hold me under the shower
In the cold outside?

So unsteady, inside and out
If you like, I'll tell you about it
You wouldn't want to be

Separated out! ♫

MarillionSeparated Out

-----------------------------------------------------------

"This kid is either the craziest, cleverest, dumbest, or bravest bunny in the city of Zootopia. No, scratch that—in all of CREATION. And when you consider who her sister is...that's saying something and a half!"

As attorney to The Mob, Vernon J. Rodenberg was no stranger to stunning revelations. He'd stopped counting at ten the number of times a client had told him, "Lissen, there's something else I needa tellya..."

Even so, the bombshell Erin Hopps just dropped had been an absolute stunner; enough to blow him clear into the middle of next Passover. When she'd finished her story, the grey rat had insisted on hearing it again.

And both times, the young doe-bunny had held up like a rock. She really had grabbed Conor from behind—on purpose—in order to deliberately set him off.

Flabbergasted as he was by what she'd done, Rodenberg couldn't fault the reckoning behind it. Yes, that fox-kid might have killed her, and yes—her gambit had nearly brought him to death's door.

But better that than Conor Lewis becoming a murderer. However recklessly Erin might have gone about it, she'd been 1000% correct in wanting to stop him from clipping that coyote-kid. Once you crossed that line, you never came back—and no one knew that better than a mob lawyer.

There was just one thing still eating at him.

He knew who Craig Guilford was, yet another meshugenneh little shmendrik...the 'yote-kid who'd served as his father's eyes-on-the-ground, when he'd tried to launch a chemical attack on the Carrot Days Festival. Certainly, that punk hated rabbits...and the Hopps clan in particular. It was Erin's sister, Judy, who had busted him after all.